Miami International

jenni belle

Hello! I need some help please!

We're cruising the eastern Caribbean in September...Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, & the Bahamas to be specific, but I need some help on getting to the pier.

We'll be flying into Miami International, but I can't seem to find out how far the pier is from the airport. We're sailing Royal Caribbean. I've heard someone say that it is approximately 7 miles to the piers, but I'm not positive that was correct.

I really need to know how much time to allow getting to the pier from the airport as we're flying from Colorado, so the flight will be a little long, and we certainly don't want to miss the boat!! The earliest flight I can find lands in Miami at 1:00 p.m. Do you think this would be early enough for us to pick up our luggage, and get to the pier? The ship leaves at 5:00 pm. Or do you think we should fly in the night before?

Thanks in advance!

Hello! I need some help please!

We're cruising the eastern Caribbean in September...Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, & the Bahamas to be specific, but I need some help on getting to the pier.

We'll be flying into Miami International, but I can't seem to find out how far the pier is from the airport. We're sailing Royal Caribbean. I've heard someone say that it is approximately 7 miles to the piers, but I'm not positive that was correct.

I really need to know how much time to allow getting to the pier from the airport as we're flying from Colorado, so the flight will be a little long, and we certainly don't want to miss the boat!! The earliest flight I can find lands in Miami at 1:00 p.m. Do you think this would be early enough for us to pick up our luggage, and get to the pier? The ship leaves at 5:00 pm. Or do you think we should fly in the night before?

Thanks in advance!

Fly in the night before. I would not chance something happening to delay your flight.

You can board hours earlier. We boarded our ship at 10:30 AM for a 4PM departure.

To answer your question, MIA is about 20 mintues or so from the Port of Miami. BUT you should definitely fly in the day before!... There are just too many problems with flying today to risk flying in on the day of your cruise.

Archived