Quebec City Hotels

5fathom

I posted this in the Hotel section of the boards with no response so I thought I would try here ! I know there have been posts on Quecbec hotels but I can't seem to find them. We are sailing on Sea Princess Oct 8. We would like to spend a couple of days pre-cruise in the magnificent city of Quebec. We checked Trip Advisor but nearly all the hotels get excellent reviews. This is great but still confusing. Any suggestions from those familiar with Quebec City ? Thanks for the help !

If you want a cozy, boutique hote right on the park near the Chateau at probably 1/4 of the price the Chateau d' Pierre on Rue St. Geneivieve is IMHO one of the best options.. have stayed there twice 10 years apart and it's every bit as charming... great staff... near everything and you def. won't need a car. Frontenac and funicular to lower town nearby and in the walled city where you def. want to stay.. have sent many friends and CC folks there and no one has been disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a good a site for checking out hotels and other information that includes actual reviews from people who have stayed in them. I use tripadvisor a lot and have always found it to be helpful.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g155033-Quebec_City_Quebec-Vacations.html

Have a great next cruise.

I also found a link I think to the hotel mentioned above. I have never stayed there but here is the link.

http://www.quebecweb.com/chateaudepierre/introang.html

Sorry guys.. that is the hotel .. my computer's internet went down and then the keyboard went on the fritz... so I didn't see any of these for a few days.. this hotel is wonderful.. I have recommended to so many people and they all fall in love with it.. there are a lot of small, family run boutique hotels in the old city and IMHO there is no reason to stay anywhere else.. Once you leave the walled city you are just in another "big city"...

Archived