Why do pics turn sideways when trying to upload for my review?

I have written my review of my recent cruise and tried to upload pics, but most of them, although they are upright in My photos, turn sideways when trying to upload them.  I am not sure why??? any ideas? I have uploaded the same ones to TA with no issues. 

Edited by tartana

When I try to link my photos directly to my review in the Photo Journal is where the problem is.  I've been able to upload them normally if I just make an personal album, but to "tie them to my review and to the ship" they turn sideways and are not able to rotate.  A personal album is kind of useless when other people want to see pics from a specific ship or cabin as they would never find them in Cruise Critic.  This has to have happened to other people, so I don't know why I haven't seen note of it. 

This would be one of the photos - on the page where you would upload to the photo journal they turn sideways and then won't let them upload at all.  However, they upload fine in a Personal Album or on the TA site. They are under the 4mb and JPG so I'm not sure why. 

IMG_7018.JPG