Koningsdam Neptune Suite 7087

EagleRockers

DH and I are getting ready to book Neptune Suite 7087 on the Koningsdam. I notice that the balcony juts out on an angle, thus giving the balcony a larger size. I'm wondering if anyone has been in this suite? What are the pros and cons? Additionally, we'll be doing the Mexican Riviera in October 2020  and I'm worried about the weather that time of year. Anyone out there who has done this cruise in October, I'd love to hear from. Many thanks for your comments!

Been in 7088 on the other side. No strange angle. It is a wrap around balcony...very nice. Besides the window/door facing aft, there is a window facing the side of the ship, which makes the view much better and makes the room seem larger.

No cons I can think of...we were in it for 21 days. Well, I guess some might complain its too far a walk to the Neptune Lounge.

We, separately (on Eurodam), have sailed down the Mexican Rivera in late October. It will likely be very hot the further south you go...Puerto Vallarta was warmer and more humid than the Panama Canal. It is the end of hurricane season...so no one can predict.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Been in 7088 on the other side. No strange angle. It is a wrap around balcony...very nice. Besides the window/door facing aft, there is a window facing the side of the ship, which makes the view much better and makes the room seem larger.

No cons I can think of...we were in it for 21 days. Well, I guess some might complain its too far a walk to the Neptune Lounge.

We, separately (on Eurodam), have sailed down the Mexican Rivera in late October. It will likely be very hot the further south you go...Puerto Vallarta was warmer and more humid than the Panama Canal. It is the end of hurricane season...so no one can predict.

Thanks for your comment. Still wanting to find out about the angled balcony, hope someone will answer.

Happy New Year!

1 hour ago, eaglerockers@msn.com said:

Thanks for your comment. Still wanting to find out about the angled balcony, hope someone will answer.

Happy New Year!

The balcony follows the shape of the stern...it doesn't jut out at all. Nothing odd or unusual about the shape. The balcony is not that deep...maybe 10 or 12 feet, but the wrap around feature ends up giving you a great, large balcony on two sides of the ship.

7 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The balcony follows the shape of the stern...it doesn't jut out at all. Nothing odd or unusual about the shape. The balcony is not that deep...maybe 10 or 12 feet, but the wrap around feature ends up giving you a great, large balcony on two sides of the ship.

Bruce, the balcony on Koningsdam suite 7087 is not the one you're describing. Check out a layout of the ship, Schubert Deck, and you will see what I mean.

Since I'm on the Koningsdam in a few weeks and just took an upsell to a Neptune Suite, I've been studying the deck plans a lot, especially deck 7.    7087 is midship, near the elevators.   The balcony does look larger, but I have no personal experience.