'JUST' water ..... no more plastic water bottles

Buckeye10640

On cruises where I drink only tap water, my feet and ankles swell so much I lose mobility in them.  This does not happen on cruises where I stick to bottled water, so it's not a result of salty cruise food.  At least water bottles are recyclable.  If you're really that concerned about environmental issues, cruising in generally is not good for the environment.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

There are ample numbers of posts here and at Travel Advisory by crew members who know more than you do about how they purify their drinking water that say while it isn't "bad for you" it's not the best water and they wouldn't drink it.

But never mind that.  I'll just take your word for it since you seem to know everything.

I don't pretend to know everything but I do my research.  It doesn't take much effort to do it either and I try to share that info here.

For example:

https://www.cruise1st.com.au/blog/cruise-tips/how-do-cruise-ships-make-fresh-water-in-a-sea-of-salt/

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=4278

i'd also like to point out, the cartons take up less space than the bottles. ncl might have an ulterior motive besides the environment. if you can carry just as many and take up less space on board you have more room for other stuff you can sell or you can have a smaller storage area entirely.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:35 PM, BirdTravels said:

Individual serving water is in paper boxes. You can get liter bottles. 

8FDCBA8B-3F18-4687-996C-AC177417A237.jpeg

Just happened to see your pic here and was happy as I was wondering about the size of the new containers.

If I remember my math correctly, I'll be receiving 12 containers of water to fulfill my order of 6 liters delivered to my cabin on day 1 of my Encore cruise.

Thanks again

11 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: actually I just read this again and I guess there is also 1 liter versions of this container?

Edited by bkrickles1