Upgrade question

mvh

I just noticed my Visa has been charged for my bid amount, but my room has not been changed on my booking and I have not been notified.  How long does this usually take? I sail on Jan 12. 

I just put in a bid this morning for that sailing.  What did you bid on?  I had read on another site that they only charge when your bid has been accepted and that your room assignment should come at least 48 hours prior to boarding.  Let me know when you hear!  

Have you signed up for the Meet & Greet? 

I have read somewhere else on this site that someone had a hold/proposed charge for their amount that never became an actual charge when they didn't receive the upgrade. That could be what's going on. Or it could be that there is a whole chain of upgrades depending on your upgrade and they are doing the paperwork on all of them... With the offer so close to sailing, I would assume that they have people who have bid on your room category and are perhaps giving it a little time to see if they get a better offer.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:16 AM, mvh said:

I just noticed my Visa has been charged for my bid amount, but my room has not been changed on my booking and I have not been notified.  How long does this usually take? I sail on Jan 12. 

Thats exciting I'm on that sailing date as well! I hope this is great news for you. When did you get charged? What room category did you win & what did you originally reserve? How much more did you bid and what bid catagory did you choose, weak, fair strong? Would love to hear the details. 

3 hours ago, Nashna said:

I just put in a bid this morning for that sailing.

I'm so interested in the bid process I would love to try to book a cheap room just to try for better bidding options next time. Curious what you bid on and your options etc

One week countdown! I'm sailing with my brother will be interesting how sharing a room since we were kids will turn out? 😁

6 minutes ago, Cruisennerable said:

I'm so interested in the bid process I would love to try to book a cheap room just to try for better bidding options next time. Curious what you bid on and your options etc

One week countdown! I'm sailing with my brother will be interesting how sharing a room since we were kids will turn out? 😁

We are currently in an Aurea Suite with balcony.  This morning we got an e-mail from MSC offering an Executive Family Suite in the YC for a starting bid of $225.00 per person and a Deluxe YC Suite for a starting bid of $85.00.  We did not want the Executive Family Suite as it has a wrap around windows with a beautiful view...but no balcony.  We immediately bid on the Deluxe YC.  We did bid more than the minimum and that still was considered a weak bid.  We are doing a B2B and are in YC on the January 17th sailing that we paid regular fare.  We did receive an offer to bid on that sailing two weeks ago for the highest category MSC offers, The Royal Suite in YC.  The starting bid for that one for 11-nights was $1750.00 per person.  That was way too much for us so we didn't bid. .