Sun Owner's Suite Pictures

riz

Anyone out there have any pics ...or knowledge to share about the owner's suite on the Sun ?

Specifically....can people see onto your balcony from above ?

Is internet access free ?

Just got off the Sun January 28.We were 2 doors down from the the owners suite and peeked in before we left when it was empty.

It is not even close to being worth the money.

We were called and offered an upsell on the day we left and missed the call .Thank goodness .Except for the hot tub and a small 2 piece washroom it was no better than the the other suites . We were fortunate to have been invited to the other suites with butler service and they were just as nice and very close to the same size. It is also at the front top corner of the ship and during our week the weather was so windy , the front balconies were unusable .Also the wireless internet did not work on the pool deck due to the weather.It was suppose to work on that deck.

I have to disagree with shoreguy .You could not see onto the Owner's suite balconies .The only thing you could see from the observation deck was a bit of the plastic windbraker over the hot tub. Otherwise it was totally private.

We had 1201 which was a larger than usual AE minisuite with a enormous balcony for that category .Fabulous suite .Too bad the two loungers and tables and two seats smashed against our patio doors every night in the wind .Mother nature was not good to us that week .There were many good times though and we did get a nice tan and met many nice people.

Anyone out there have any pics ...or knowledge to share about the owner's suite on the Sun ?

Specifically....can people see onto your balcony from above ?

Is internet access free ?

Here is a link to some pictures..

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/NCL/nclsun.htm

We stayed in the AA 1003 in January and loved it. The layout is great and it has a bathroom to die for, its massive. Like any other bow balcony the wind can play havoc with you.

If you stand by the rail someone above you might be able to see your head, other than that its private.

Internet access is not free but the cabin comes with a laptop.

Don't forget you also get 3 bottles of liquor and free soda and water. If the alcohol on the list is not to your liking ask for something else and maybe you will be accommodated.

Go for it !!

Hope this helps.

Here is a link to some pictures..

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/NCL/nclsun.htm

We stayed in the AA 1003 in January and loved it. The layout is great and it has a bathroom to die for, its massive. Like any other bow balcony the wind can play havoc with you.

If you stand by the rail someone above you might be able to see your head, other than that its private.

Internet access is not free but the cabin comes with a laptop.

Don't forget you also get 3 bottles of liquor and free soda and water. If the alcohol on the list is not to your liking ask for something else and maybe you will be accommodated.

Go for it !!

Hope this helps.

The pictures on that site are a Sun AA but the diagram and NCL stock photo above the diagram are of the Sky's/Pride of Aloha AA.

Too bad the two loungers and tables and two seats smashed against our patio doors every night in the wind .Mother nature was not good to us that week .There were many good times though and we did get a nice tan and met many nice people.
If you push the loungers all the way forward, under the railing, you won't have that problem. It took us about 2 minutes to figure that one out.

If you push the loungers all the way forward, under the railing, you won't have that problem. It took us about 2 minutes to figure that one out.

Different balcony smartypants:p and a lot more furniture and gale force winds.

Go away.:eek:

sandra d - we're in 1201 this summer going to alaska. Any photo's? I saw some that were posted by others from last year. How was the wind while the ship was sailing? Did you have any issue with the sound from the Observation deck? Any extra's in this mini since it is located right near the Owner's? Thanks

HI Eaglcoach ,

1201 was a lovely suite .We had friends in 1209 so we could compare cabins with the regular AE suites . It was at least 2 feet wider , and had an extra wall unit and desk . There were lots of electrical outlets so we never had to use the power bar we brought. The usual AE balcony has room only for two small plastic chairs and a little table .1201 balcony has 2 loungers ,2 nice comfortable chairs and 2 little tables and a wooden deck floor.There is a railing so you can sit down and look out to sea .It is completely private and no one can see you from the open observation deck unless you are looking over the rail .It has large sliding glass doors.

There is loads of storage and hanging space.

The bathroom was large and very well appointed with a little dressing table .Vilma and Fernando are the wonderful room Stewards .They were helpful and unobtrusive.

We could hear a little music in the bathroom sometimes from the lounge above but never in the main part of the suite which is really under the outside deck .

I worried about the wind at the front too and did some research on the web and for the most part it was not a problem for anyone. Our week however was exceptional for rough seas and wind .The top front of the ship does take the brunt of it , but the rest of the ship did not get a lot of relief from it that week .We were asked to turn out our balcony light at night as it was a distraction to the bridge

No real perks from being near the owners suite . There is no butler service with the mini suite which we would never use anyway, and we really did not benefit from the conscierge .We prefer to make our own dinner reservations which we did every morning with no problems since we eat late . To be honest with you if it was not for the cc boards we would not have known that we were eligible for VIP check in , tendering and VIP baggage handling on de-embarkation [ That was handy as we had an early flight home and we are not US citizens] Conscierge services were very pleasant and well intentioned , but in the end we had to do all the follow through ourselves .

I think that cabin would be perfect in Alaska .Sailing into port on the front of the ship is very nice .Enjoy.

I can't seem to attach photographs .They are too big. I could email them if you wanted .If not I understand.

Maybe someone can help me with the attachments .

I promise to be nice CMO;)

Did you really get off on Jan 28th????

Did you stay two weeks? A suite and 2 weeks? Now I am really jealous.

We had a wonderful dinner with you and Terry and enjoyed meeting you both.

Karen & Gord ... The hockey parents from Thorold.

I can't seem to attach photographs .They are too big. I could email them if you wanted .If not I understand.

Maybe someone can help me with the attachments .

Sandra, I'm at work right now, but I'll write out some instructions tonight on how you can make the photos smaller. I'll post them on this thread.

the brain is frozen. Last night when I posted we just returned from a 6 hour round trip to Ancaster for Hockey. It was the coldest arena I have ever been in, although a very nice one.

I have no idea what made me think Jan 28th was a week after we returned.

This winter is just flying by. But the snow can stop NOW.

That was the first time we ever went in January and it sure was nice breaking up the winter.

Take care....

Karen...

Sorry I can't help with posting pics either, but sure look forward to seeing some.

OK, a lesson in resizing photos for use in a post. I am no expert, believe me. My first try was the one in this thread. I use an editing program that came with my camera's software. If you don't have one, I found a really cool photo resizer online.

You can use photos no larger that 620 wide by 280 high in your posts here. Go to the photo resizer program. Under (1), choose the photo you want to resize by browsing to locate it on your computer. Then (2) type in the height (280) and width (620). When you select "okay" at the bottom of the resizing window, it will take you to another window (it takes a few moments) where your photo appears. Click on the photo, and you can save the resized photo on your computer.

When you are posting here in CC, you'll see "Manage Attachments" below the window you write in. Click on Manage Attachments, and browse to locate your resized photo. Close the window. You should see the name of your photo above the words "Mange Attachments." When you Save, the photo will be in your post. If you can see an aft mini-suite, it worked.

If this is as clear as mud, please ask me to clarify it. Have fun with it!

821924806_AftSunMini.jpg.411da19e37f67fd3688c15777ca3b6e8.jpg

Archived