Funpoints/bar cash/cheers question

SugarStar00

I’ll finally be redeeming my fun points for my next cruise. I’m seeing with 25k points I can get either $200 onboard credit or $250 bar cash. We always buy cheers in advance but my question is, can I use the bar cash to buy cheers once on the ship? I loose the 10% discount from pre purchasing but still feel like I’d be getting more bang for my buck. Annoying the redemption rate isn’t the same for obc vs bar cash. 🙄

Thanks!

6 hours ago, SugarStar00 said:

I’ll finally be redeeming my fun points for my next cruise. I’m seeing with 25k points I can get either $200 onboard credit or $250 bar cash. We always buy cheers in advance but my question is, can I use the bar cash to buy cheers once on the ship? I loose the 10% discount from pre purchasing but still feel like I’d be getting more bang for my buck. Annoying the redemption rate isn’t the same for obc vs bar cash. 🙄

Thanks!

You could buy Cheers ahead of time using your Carnival Credit card.  Once it has posted in your credit card account you then can use your 25,000 points towards a statement credit of 250.00 towards yours Cheers purchase. Does that make sense? I hope it doesn't come across as confusing.

1 hour ago, luv2cruise777l said:

You could buy Cheers ahead of time using your Carnival Credit card.  Once it has posted in your credit card account you then can use your 25,000 points towards a statement credit of 250.00 towards yours Cheers purchase. Does that make sense? I hope it doesn't come across as confusing.

That makes perfect sense! Thank you! ❤️