Colourful coasts from Gran Canaria.

Hi all.

We have booked the above cruise departing Birmingham next sat  11/01/20.

looking on Flightradar24 we see that today’s flight Was delayed five hours, last weeks flight had the aircraft replaced by one chartered by Titan airways and the previous week there was also a delay. Anyone know what’s going on with this?

Also would be interesting to know if passengers were boarded during the delay or left to wait in the terminal.

Thanks.

Edited by Brummijam
Spilling

Lots of trouble with Canaries flights. Two weeks ago the Gran Canary flight from Gatwick was delayed overnight and the passengers were sent to a hotel overnight. They ended up flying to Maderia on the Sunday. My flight from Gatwick on the Friday to Tenerife was delayed 28 hours and we ended up in Gran Canary. According to TUI we should be getting 400 euros compensation under EU Regulation 261/2004. The outward flight was on a Portugese airline and the return flight with Titan Airways using an Airbus rather than a 737.

As I understand it there is an issue with versions of the 737, not the 737 MAX debacle, which means unexpected replacement of components after several thousands of landings/takeoffs

see https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/01/boeing-737-cracks-how-common-are-they-and-should-you-be-worried

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Lots of trouble with Canaries flights. Two weeks ago the Gran Canary flight from Gatwick was delayed overnight and the passengers were sent to a hotel overnight. They ended up flying to Maderia on the Sunday. My flight from Gatwick on the Friday to Tenerife was delayed 28 hours and we ended up in Gran Canary. According to TUI we should be getting 400 euros compensation under EU Regulation 261/2004. The outward flight was on a Portugese airline and the return flight with Titan Airways using an Airbus rather than a 737.

As I understand it there is an issue with versions of the 737, not the 737 MAX debacle, which means unexpected replacement of components after several thousands of landings/takeoffs

see https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/01/boeing-737-cracks-how-common-are-they-and-should-you-be-worried

Thanks for that Dave interesting artical. If they have approved your delay payment it normally goes straight into your bank account once you have given your bank details. That's how it worked with us. 

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

Thanks for the swift reply Dave.

This explains what the delays are probably about. We only booked this trip last week and Tui were selling extra legroom seats with the “only two left” banner and then they found another fifteen from somewhere so it looks like they sell them even though they don’t know which aircraft they will be using.🤷🏻‍♂️
Happy new year to you.👍

2 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Thanks for that Dave interesting artical. If they have approved your delay payment it normally goes straight into your bank account once you have given your bank details. That's how it worked with us. 

Glad you got a prompt payment. I received a letter from them saying the refund will be paid by cheque within 28 days. My question now is what exchange rate did they use. Was it the one on the date of the delayed flight or a later date, maybe so they can save a few bob, I am getting cynical. If it is the flight date exchange rate I expect £340.80 and not a penny less.

25 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Glad you got a prompt payment. I received a letter from them saying the refund will be paid by cheque within 28 days. My question now is what exchange rate did they use. Was it the one on the date of the delayed flight or a later date, maybe so they can save a few bob, I am getting cynical. If it is the flight date exchange rate I expect £340.80 and not a penny less.

Good luck with that one but don't forget you can claim any out of pocket expenses. 😉