Pacific vs Caribbean

We are thinking of going on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera and I am hoping someone who has done both can answer a question for me. How do the swells compare between the Pacific and Caribbean? I get seasick quite easily but have always done ok in the Caribbean. I do believe the highest swells I have ever had to endure were 18 feet.

thank you!

Never noticed too much difference in sea conditions between the Pacific coast and the Caribbean. The major differences are the beaches, much nicer in the Caribbean, the weather at the begining and end of the cruise, much warmer in the Caribbean and the culture, much more historic and religious things to see and do.

We love both cruises, they are very different.

Have done both, and had fun. I will say that I found the passengers to be much more lively on the Mexico Sailing then the Caribbean. The Mexico trip had a bit larger waves coming back then the Caribbean but that could have been because we were sailing to New Orleans and not Florida. I think you'll be ok either way. :)

Misty

Have done both, and had fun. I will say that I found the passengers to be much more lively on the Mexico Sailing then the Caribbean. The Mexico trip had a bit larger waves coming back then the Caribbean but that could have been because we were sailing to New Orleans and not Florida. I think you'll be ok either way. :)

Misty

Was your Mexico sailing in the Gulf of Mexico (W. Caribbean)?

jbond, what time of year did you go? We would be going March 2007. I really want to be able to enjoy the pool and weather. I would rather not have to wear a jacket and pants during the day. I know I sound kind of picky, don't I? It's just that I will also be trying to convince a brother in law and his wife:confused:

Leaving in march it would still be chilly in california. The water is also colder all the way.

Agreed. We have sailed in April, September and October. On the way south, you are far enough south that the first day at sea is OK around the pool etc. It appears that the winds blow north to south, so you have following winds that are quite low. On the return journey the last day at sea was into wind and has always been too cold for us to sit around the pool.

Once in Cabo the weather is great, shorts and t-shirts all the time.

Archived