Consent forms for minors

Hello! We will be cruising this Sunday on Harmony and my daughter will be bringing a friend. They are both 17yo and I couldn’t find anywhere online when I log in at Royal’s website to fill out the consent forms for the activities such as the slides, ice skating, rock climbing, etc. I remember being able to do that when we sailed Anthem a few years ago. And will I also need a letter from the friend’s parents for consent to show Royal? Thank you!

This website has some nice templates that you can use- https://www.tripsavvy.com/parental-consent-forms-for-traveling-minors-3265651

We took a son's friend a number of years ago and he was 16 or 17. We had a notarized consent letter from his parents also indicating the ability for medical treatment if needed and to allow us to sign off the activity waivers as well. The waivers are actually in your cruise planner and are just check boxes. If you miss them or can't find them they will have waivers on the ship.

FYI we were not asked for any off his papers from his parents, but I was prepared to show them.

• 2 weeks later...

This was on the Royal Caribbean web site 

Adults who are not the parent or legal guardian of a minor traveling with them must present an original, notarized letter signed by the child's parent(s) authorizing the adult to take the child on the specific cruise, supervise the child, and allow emergency medical treatment to be administered, if needed.

This is necessary even when the adult traveling is part of the child’s extended family (i.e. aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc). To make it easy for you, we have a sample letter you can use. The letter can be downloaded here.

DOWNLOAD THE FORM

• Like 1