Late flight departure time on last day of cruisetour - help!

Moonstruck1115

We are doing a cruisetour with Princess in May with the land portion after the cruise.  Our flight out of Fairbanks doesn't leave until 1030pm on the day our tour ends.  Does anyone know if we will be able to hang out at the hotel until then or any idea how it works when you have a late flight departure?  I'm not really looking for excursion ideas.  I"m wondering more if we can stay in the hotel and come and go until we have to leave for the airport.  I don't really want to have to stagger around town until time to leave.  My travel agent didn't have any good answers for me unfortunately.  PS.  Our original flight was cancelled so we had to make a flight change.  TIA!

You will probably have to leave the room at check out time because they will need to get ready for the next cruise tour group.  If you ask the front desk they will most likely be able to store your luggage for you until you are ready to go to the airport.

3 hours ago, Moonstruck1115 said:

We are doing a cruisetour with Princess in May with the land portion after the cruise.  Our flight out of Fairbanks doesn't leave until 1030pm on the day our tour ends.  Does anyone know if we will be able to hang out at the hotel until then or any idea how it works when you have a late flight departure?  I'm not really looking for excursion ideas.  I"m wondering more if we can stay in the hotel and come and go until we have to leave for the airport.  I don't really want to have to stagger around town until time to leave.  My travel agent didn't have any good answers for me unfortunately.  PS.  Our original flight was cancelled so we had to make a flight change.  TIA!

The last time we stayed in Fairbanks our flight was leaving around 12:30 AM. I just booked an extra night so we didn't have to check out until we were ready to head to the airport.  When we did actually check out they didn't even charge us for the extra night as I intended - I didn't realize this until I was looking at my receipt a few days later.  We left around 9:30 PM with a stop at Taco Bell on the way to the airport.  If I were you I'd ask the hotel if you could have a late checkout, they may not have a problem with it (or charge very little extra) because they know most flights out are typically middle of the night.  Good luck!