Sloths?

joern

Hi 

Seen a lots of reviews of sloths and monkey places, but wondering. Are the animals drugged? 

Ask because we some years ago visited the Tiger Temple in Thailand and thought we were doing a great thing to help the animals. Only to find out later that the place where closed due to the fact they drugged them and did illegal trade. Won't have that experience again, so should we stay away from these places?

I am not a fan of zoos and would spend time looking for credentials which reflect good acts. 

While I do not believe any of the animals are drugged I am not convinced these places are doing do for the good of the animals. Sloth nor monkey are native to the island, and island which is off the coast of a third world country. My guess is it is all money motivated, which is not to say that are doing good acts. 

The iguana place was the original, the family started it to save iguana from the dinner table. 

I am a big fan of seeing animals in there own environments, thus the trip to Rathambore, yes you run the risk of no interaction but at least the animals are free to do as they please.

Edited by Guest 2000
  • Like 1