Wifi - big difference in price

alirat153

Thanks Leck57, for your reply. (Yes I do pay grats so no need for anyone to get flustered LOL) I did enquire about adding that deal to my fare, which would have added another $1800 (approx) and this is NZD I'm talking, but its all relative, which is an additional $81 per day.  It could have been worth it if I drank a lot of soda and mocktails, but I'm a fairly boring person with my drinks except for coffee...  I can buy 2x coffee packages at 56.25 each ($112.50) but If I were to buy the amount of internet to bring my expenses up to $81 per day as per the upgrade say 5x packages at the cheapest rate 680min x 5 = 2.5 hours a day - approximately.  I'm not trying to cheap out here, and obviously if I can afford a cruise I can afford all the extras - my niggle is the inequality of costs.  I took the best price offer as I was assuming that this cruise would have the same deal as the one I just got off - internet at a daily rate of US19.95 per day - which while pretty darned expensive is at least within the bounds of reason.

It is a massive difference to 'pay for by the minute' packages and 'by the day' packages.  

Anyway as I said earlier I am resigned to it and will just get the 680 minutes package (30mins per day) and be very frugal with my internet time. So I'm happy with the outcome. I kept replying because people seemed to misunderstand my position - possibly the deals are different in the states. I was keen to hear from people on board currently on a non-medallion ship to see what packages they were offered.

Funny thing is when I went to look for the Oceans of Offers deals (to check again the increase I would have to pay as a solo traveller,) the Best Value Deal was no longer available on that voyage.

11 minutes ago, leck57 said:

That's a huge difference @alirat153. Our cost to add Net and Beverages is about $31 per day and yours $81 and our dollar is not that far apart. Something doesn't seem right.

I'm pretty sure its because I'm solo and have to pay the supplement. I don't think they should add the supplement to the extras, but as they say they are inclusions thats what they have done.

• Thanks 1