How deep is ‘not deep?’

JahHaus

As excited as my wife and I are for our day at JVD on Celebrity Edge next month, we are looking for clarification as to the distance from the catamaran to shore....specifically, if it is so deep that it is difficult to safely carry towels, phone and dry clothes without them getting soaked?  Also, how long is the boat ride to get there?   Thanks!

It depends on the Cat.  Some of them pull right up to the sand line, others about in 4-5 foot deep water.  The Soggy Dollar bar got its name from folks swimming up to the beach.  I'd contact the tour operator directly to see what they typically do.  A cat can go into more shallow waters than a typical hulled boat so that is a positive.  Sometimes the crew will bring items ashore for guests as well.

Coconut is correct, it depends. But if other cats are dropping off and you are asked to drop into the water deeper than waist deep they will offer to bring your stuff in for you.

We haven't taken a cat from RT to WB but others can answer your question on how long a ride...