Great Stirrup Caye

flcraigs5

thanks

38 minutes ago, BoatParts said:

You can totally do it yourself. Either with your own gear or rental in the island. I’ve had some decent snorkeling there. Hopefully next month too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, flcraigs5 said:

Can anybody tell me whether you need to book the snorkeling excursion or can you snorkel on your own where the excursion takes you?

You can snorkel from the beach but I doubt the ship's excursion just takes you there.  Most snorkeling excursions take you out on a boat to a reef.  Need to read exactly where the ship's excursion goes and check out any reviews.  Also can post about it on the Private Islands thread under Ports of Call.

Edited by Mike_DeA

4 hours ago, Mike_DeA said:

You can snorkel from the beach but I doubt the ship's excursion just takes you there.  Most snorkeling excursions take you out on a boat to a reef.  Need to read exactly where the ship's excursion goes and check out any reviews.  Also can post about it on the Private Islands thread under Ports of Call.

Just got back off the Breakaway New Years  cruise.  The snorkeling is interesting however not as good as if you went out off the island.  Their underwater garden is difficult to find,  When I did find it was interesting.  There are plenty of fish to see.  If you ahve your own gear bring it along.