Tampa Airport to Pier

kamari

The fixed rate is what I thought too. However, in January, we paid $25 to get there....stuck in a small traffic (10 mins) jam, and on the way home, EVERYONE is shouting out their fees. We got a shuttle service (Blue One ??) for $5 a person, we did not leave until the shuttle was filled, but we only waited about 15 minutes for it to fill. The shuttle on fit about 24 people, so it really did not take long to fill . Well worth the wait for the money:D .

We just got back from the Granduer last week and took a cab from the airport. More than likely the driver will try to charge you the metered rate, but he is only supposed to charge you the $20 flat fee. They got me on the way in, it was only ~$23. On the way back to the airport I challenged the driver when it was 25 metered. I only planned to give him 20+5 for a tip. After I asked him that I though it was a flat fee (its posted on the back window of the cab), he said ummm ooohhhh ahhhh yea that's right. So he got his $20 + 5 and that's all. My guess is that they try to charge everyone the metered rate, because they can make 2-5 extra bucks per trip if you don't complain.

Archived