Berlin Excursion Train Arrival

CelticMutt

We are collecting info on the various excursions as we book on Feb. 2nd for the Viking Homelands cruise.  My primary question concerns the “Berlin Your Way” excursion.  I’ve scanned CC and just got off the phone with Viking, but neither effort helped much.  We have a private car/tour guide scheduled for Berlin once we get off the train.  The tour operator wants to know our arrival and departure time at the train station.  I’m clueless since there are multiple trains and travel times (locals versus high speed, etc.)

Does anyone have Any additional train info? It would be most appreciated.

Slainte, Bill

1 hour ago, CelticMutt said:

We are collecting info on the various excursions as we book on Feb. 2nd for the Viking Homelands cruise.  My primary question concerns the “Berlin Your Way” excursion.  I’ve scanned CC and just got off the phone with Viking, but neither effort helped much.  We have a private car/tour guide scheduled for Berlin once we get off the train.  The tour operator wants to know our arrival and departure time at the train station.  I’m clueless since there are multiple trains and travel times (locals versus high speed, etc.)

Does anyone have Any additional train info? It would be most appreciated.

Slainte, Bill

We got off the train about 9:30 AM and then Viking put us on a bus for a tour of Berlin that dropped us off at the city center by the Hilton.  We planned to do the hop on hop off bus in Berlin but could never get a straight answer from Viking  of for an approximate time we would be at the train station or at the city center by the Hilton.

While on Viking Homelands (August 2018) we got off the Viking train at  approx.10:30am at Ostbanhof and met our private guide.  The Viking included tour continued on via bus with drop off at Hilton Hotel at Gendarmenmarkt.  We were a group of six and reserved a private walking tour and had our guide drop us at Gendarmenmarkt at approx. 3:00pm for the Viking bus back to the train station.  Viking used different train stations for arrival and departure, I believe the departure station was Gesundbrunnen.  It was very well-organized by Viking with guides on each train car, morning coffee and afternoon beer/wine on the train.   Enjoy your time in Berlin!

1 hour ago, CelticMutt said:

Thanks, "Mom"!  The drop off time is what we are looking for.

Based on the 9:30 AM timing, I'd assume they scheduled you on the high speed line.

Regards,

Bill

I'm pretty sure that is what it was but i'm not positive.  It was about a 3 hour train ride.