US Website Woes

tntornadox

Hello everyone,

I recently did the status match with MSC, that went well, got my number and all. For some reason they issued me a new VC # which is different from the one that's on my online account. Fine, I'll create a new account and add it... except it says it's already attached to another account! Beyond that, whenever I try to do a mock booking and put in the new VC # to get the discount, it asks to put your DOB in as well... it claims it's supposed to be MMDDYYYY (US standard) but won't accept it. Whenever I put it in DDMMYYYY (European standard), it takes it. Fine, I go through the booking and toward the end it has your VC and information listed for Guest #1. Herein lies more issues, for some reason they have me listed as a female, which last I checked I am not and secondly my birthdate is greyed out so I can't change it to the European style to make it match my VC # so it won't allow me to move forward with the booking.

So I email the Voyager's Club. They reply back saying everything on their end looks correct! Ugh! So at this point if I want to book a cruise I guess I will have to call them or book through a TA! Has anyone else had these kind of issues? I know their website sucks and their IT is a constant groan on this board but how can it be THIS bad? Obviously I need someone or some department above the front line people to get this all fixed.

I really want to try MSC but if they want to make it this difficult to book it makes me wonder whether I should!

• Like 1

This is just my opinion, 

The issues you are having with MSC and their website are just the tip of the iceberg. Website issues, extremely poor customer service (online, phone and on ship). Save yourself the aggravation and book with someone else. MSC has, according to the Better Business Bureau, the worst rating of all cruise lines.

They consistently ignore their own stated policy’s, change status matches, delete items from packages,

all whenever they choose. 
I understand that there are many who love MSC, however, just read all the posts and list of complaints. Too many to be isolated incidents. More indicative of major systemic problems.

Save yourself hours of frustration, and multiple disappointments. Book with another cruise line!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tntornadox said:

Hello everyone,

I recently did the status match with MSC, that went well, got my number and all. For some reason they issued me a new VC # which is different from the one that's on my online account. Fine, I'll create a new account and add it... except it says it's already attached to another account! Beyond that, whenever I try to do a mock booking and put in the new VC # to get the discount, it asks to put your DOB in as well... it claims it's supposed to be MMDDYYYY (US standard) but won't accept it. Whenever I put it in DDMMYYYY (European standard), it takes it. Fine, I go through the booking and toward the end it has your VC and information listed for Guest #1. Herein lies more issues, for some reason they have me listed as a female, which last I checked I am not and secondly my birthdate is greyed out so I can't change it to the European style to make it match my VC # so it won't allow me to move forward with the booking.

So I email the Voyager's Club. They reply back saying everything on their end looks correct! Ugh! So at this point if I want to book a cruise I guess I will have to call them or book through a TA! Has anyone else had these kind of issues? I know their website sucks and their IT is a constant groan on this board but how can it be THIS bad? Obviously I need someone or some department above the front line people to get this all fixed.

I really want to try MSC but if they want to make it this difficult to book it makes me wonder whether I should!

I had an issue where 3 of 4 passengers had the wrong birthdate. Unfortunately, even though it's 2020, the best option in my experience is to call and wait on hold until you get to speak with someone about it. I know it's annoying and inefficient but that's my suggestion. Good luck to you, sincerely.