Mariner of the Seas Cruise

I will be departing on a short 3 day cruise on the last day of February, I just had two quick questions. First being a question about going to Atlantis in Nassau, the ship is set to be docked from I believe 9:00-9:30 I am planning on going to the Atlantis water park for the day which is open from 9:00-5:00. When I investigated further I noticed the times listed on the Aquaventure excursion through Rccl stated 9:00-2:00, is it a problem if we wanted to stay until 4 or 5 since the ship doesn't leave until 9:30 pm or are we obligated to that 9-2 time frame? 

Second question is I can catch a flight home from Orlando that Sunday that departs at 11:02, our ship arrives back in Port Canaveral at 7:00 am and I have no problem carrying my own luggage off that morning as early as possible. Is this wishful thinking? 

I'm not sure if you can stay past the time frame for the excursion.  If you can't you might want to consider buying your own pass.  We bought ours through bahamasdaypass.com.   You will have to arrange for your own transportation though.  We had no problems getting a taxi back and forth.  

We did the weekend cruise Jan 10-13. We self carried and were driving by MCO at 8:45. We took Uber to our hotel to pick up our rental so Uber straight there would be a little faster. Our Uber driver also told us many skip the short rides and wait for those going to MCO to get better pay so IF you want to Uber that should not be a problem. The question is MCO at 8:30 on a Monday Morning? We didn't leave until later in the day and lines to check bags were CRAZY!! We have priority since my husband travels 40+ weeks a year and even with that it took us time to check bags the lines for regular were insane. The there is TSA we both have precheck so we had very little wait but again the regular lines were very very long. I don't think I would chance it without precheck and priority bag check.

2 hours ago, schultz572 said:

I will be departing on a short 3 day cruise on the last day of February, I just had two quick questions. First being a question about going to Atlantis in Nassau, the ship is set to be docked from I believe 9:00-9:30 I am planning on going to the Atlantis water park for the day which is open from 9:00-5:00. When I investigated further I noticed the times listed on the Aquaventure excursion through Rccl stated 9:00-2:00, is it a problem if we wanted to stay until 4 or 5 since the ship doesn't leave until 9:30 pm or are we obligated to that 9-2 time frame? 

Second question is I can catch a flight home from Orlando that Sunday that departs at 11:02, our ship arrives back in Port Canaveral at 7:00 am and I have no problem carrying my own luggage off that morning as early as possible. Is this wishful thinking? 

You don't have to leave the park with the excursion transportation.  You can take a taxi for around $4 per person.

1 hour ago, Wrunkles said:

I'm not sure if you can stay past the time frame for the excursion.  If you can't you might want to consider buying your own pass.  We bought ours through bahamasdaypass.com.   You will have to arrange for your own transportation though.  We had no problems getting a taxi back and forth.  

That was what I was straying towards, I was planning on just buying my tickets at Atlantis so if the weather is bad I am not out anything either. Then we can stay until 5 pm if we like and cab back to port with plenty of time before the 930 departure. Does Atlantis ever sell out of day passes if I wait and purchase on the grounds? Thank you for your reply!

22 minutes ago, Nemomof3 said:

We did the weekend cruise Jan 10-13. We self carried and were driving by MCO at 8:45. We took Uber to our hotel to pick up our rental so Uber straight there would be a little faster. Our Uber driver also told us many skip the short rides and wait for those going to MCO to get better pay so IF you want to Uber that should not be a problem. The question is MCO at 8:30 on a Monday Morning? We didn't leave until later in the day and lines to check bags were CRAZY!! We have priority since my husband travels 40+ weeks a year and even with that it took us time to check bags the lines for regular were insane. The there is TSA we both have precheck so we had very little wait but again the regular lines were very very long. I don't think I would chance it without precheck and priority bag check.

This is what I have been hearing is the main problem is getting through the airport in time, and pre check is a must to make sure you can make the flights before noon. I don't like stressing about it so perhaps we'll just take the 2 pm flight out. Thank you for the comments. 

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You don't have to leave the park with the excursion transportation.  You can take a taxi for around $4 per person.

Perfect, I doubt I will even book Atlantis through royal then as I don't want to be tied to their 5 hour time frame, I will likely buy my tickets on site. Thank you. 

Edited by schultz572