Beach in Grand Cayman 7 Mile?

molly361

We have been to Georgetown several times but I have yet to go to the 7 Mile Beach- I believe there are taxis right at the pier to take you there- Are taxies readily available for the return trip? Do you have to hire a taxi to wait for you? Do you go to a beach with a bar and/or restaurant? Thanks

This past week we were in Grand Cayman on the Inspiration. We took a taxi from the pier to Sea Grape Beach...which is part of 7 mile beach. The fare was $5 per person each way. When you are ready to leave, just stand out by the road and hail a taxi back to the pier. The beach itself is AWESOME!!!! There is a small cafe and restrooms as well. It is also located in front of the Marriott, so if you wanted a more substantial lunch, I'm sure you could get it there in one of their restaurants. The beach chair rental is $10 per person which includes a soda or bottled water. There were four ships in port with us that day and only about 6 people on that part of "our" beach. It was a lovely day.

We spent a week there (last month), and although we never stopped at Sea Grape beach, it looked really nice. If I were on a cruise, I'd hop a cab there, and enjoy myself. There were always cabs lined up waiting for the return trip to the port area.

Just be sure and give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship because the traffic along 7MB tended to get backed up, especially around the Ritz.

This past week we were in Grand Cayman on the Inspiration. We took a taxi from the pier to Sea Grape Beach...which is part of 7 mile beach. The fare was $5 per person each way. When you are ready to leave, just stand out by the road and hail a taxi back to the pier. The beach itself is AWESOME!!!! There is a small cafe and restrooms as well. It is also located in front of the Marriott, so if you wanted a more substantial lunch, I'm sure you could get it there in one of their restaurants. The beach chair rental is $10 per person which includes a soda or bottled water. There were four ships in port with us that day and only about 6 people on that part of "our" beach. It was a lovely day.

Did you have trouble getting a cab back to your ship? Are there smaller taxi's or all vans? I've heard from some posts that they are vans and don't want to go back to pier until they have enough passengers to make it worth their while. We too are looking to go to Sea Grape for a few hours, rent a jet ski and relax then head back early and enjoy the ship before everyone gets back. I just don't want to put myself in a situation where we are stressed because we have to wait for the taxi van to fill up.

I'm not QT, but when we returned we had to wait only about 5 mins or so. There were 4 of us and some others. The little van wasn't completely full, but they waited for the rest of the other party to straggle up before we got going. The cabs were lined up waiting. At least 4 or 5 sitting there.

Archived