Giving it a go!

AdventureJes

I always thought the idea of doing a solo cruise was intriguing, and I just gave into it and am so excited! I've already started reading everything I can on this board as well as other websites and can't wait!  I'll be going from Rome to Venice in June and decided to stay in hotels for a few days both before and after my cruise. I've never been to Europe so I'm a bit nervous about that, but I figure as long as I get informed ahead of time it shouldn't be a big deal. I've traveled quite a bit for work and have extended some of those trips to play tourist so this shouldn't be that much different. I figure if I was content in New York City going to dinners, shows and exploring on my own, Italy can't be that much different... or so I hope. Happy to be joining you all 🙂

1 hour ago, AdventureJes said:

I always thought the idea of doing a solo cruise was intriguing, and I just gave into it and am so excited! I've already started reading everything I can on this board as well as other websites and can't wait!  I'll be going from Rome to Venice in June and decided to stay in hotels for a few days both before and after my cruise. I've never been to Europe so I'm a bit nervous about that, but I figure as long as I get informed ahead of time it shouldn't be a big deal. I've traveled quite a bit for work and have extended some of those trips to play tourist so this shouldn't be that much different. I figure if I was content in New York City going to dinners, shows and exploring on my own, Italy can't be that much different... or so I hope. Happy to be joining you all 🙂

Adventure Jes and fellow solo traveler, I've been to NYC for a theater, opera, museum fix for 2 weeks, also toured museums and sites in DC.  Had fine experiences both times.  Did a lot of exploring on foot everywhere I've been.  London and Paris more of same - standard tourist stuff.  Chile and Turkey and Mexico were far more adversuresome!  Tramped about and used busses and trains.  Each adventure was extensively researched.  PC will be my first cruise!  I'm developing lists of places I want to visit in each port, far many more than will fit into the time allowed.  Each time I travel I'm aware of how focused I'm on seeing and doing I miss opportunities of interacting more with people.  Have you signed up for the Meet and Greet?  Quincy, SF Bay Area

@QMG I signed up for the roll call, but haven't done any looking into the meet and greet, I have cruised many times and I don't think I've ever actually been to the cruise critic meet and greets for some reason. I'm definitely hoping to get a good balance between relaxing and not having any plans and trying to hit the highlights for each of the places I'm going! I want to be careful to not feel like I need a vacation from my vacation once I get home.