Caribbean Princess vs NCL Escape, which would you choose?

NJCruiser23

11 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The NCL Escape was one of the most claustrophobic, crowded vessels I have ever sailed.

The word I used to describe Escape was "chaos".  I totally agree with AtlantaCruiser72 in that Escape is a VERY crowded and chaotic ship.  It seems everywhere you go, you're in a crowd of people.  It's nuts.  Even the stateroom passageways were built so narrow, it's awkward to pass another person because you both have to turn sideways.  

When I cruised Caribbean, I also found the ship somewhat crowded, but it was a much more relaxing experience than Escape.  

That said, we had a lot of fun on our Escape cruise.  The free-wall waterslides were a blast.  Plus, we really enjoyed some of the venues, like the craft beer bar (District Brew House), and we loved the outside waterfront dining.  The entertainment was excellent.

Regarding food, I was very disappointed with the free dining on Escape.  In fact, I'd say it was awful.  Apparently many others agreed because we found it very difficult to get in to the specialty restaurants unless we took a very early or very late time.  We ended up eating specialty 5 out of 7 nights.  NCL charges ala cart in their specialty restaurants, so the tab can add up quickly.  

Regarding Caribbean, I also really enjoyed my cruise on her but I found the ship to be very dated, especially in decor.  I likened it to a visit to grandma's house.  That said, entertainment was good, and I like the central atrium (Piazza) design.  Escape doesn't really have that.  

Good luck with your choice.

Edited by Aquahound