What is included in a group rate?

phabric

I am curious how a group cruise rate works.

My agent has made a group cruise for my booking in January 2021.  She had mentioned before with Princess you need 8 cabins to make a group.  She says that we need 5, I have 4 booked and pending more.  Maybe she has other cabins from her agency to make up to 8?

The group price is much cheaper than a regular booking.  

I am wondering who makes the group price Princess or the agency?

I had read, if you have a group 1 person gets a free cruise fare only (not taxes/port) refunded, is that true or is that in the past?

Princess has not released the amenities yet, so the agency can not tell me what they are.

Are the amenities based on how many cabins booked? Ie: 8 cabins = 1 amenities, 10 cabins = 2 amenities 

Or, based on number of people?

Or, based on how many cabins in each category?

Can the agency choose what amenities they want to give or is it Princess that chooses?

She mentioned that the amenities could be OBC, wine, photo, any other choices to choose from?  I mentioned that an OBC would be better as we have the Premier Beverage package under the Best Ever Sale then they could spend where they want.

The Amenities are based on the # of Points pre assigned for your ship/sailing, not the categories or # of cabins.

If it is your own Group , you get to choose what to spend them on , as your TA suggests.

You also earn 1 TC (basic cruise fare less taxs ) for every 8 cabins @ Dbl occ., refunded to you after cruise returns.

Princess quotes the Group Rate but you TA is permitted to further discount that rate if they wish.

• Thanks 1