Eli's Eco Tour - Another Satisifed Customer!

DiverDavid

After reading so many great reviews on this board, we booked Eli's tour. We didn't even research any other Antigua excursions. It is the best water based tour we have taken. While the tour is not cheap, we absolutely feel we got our money's worth. There are so many other reviews that I won't go into great detail, but will hit the highlights:

* The boat was right where it was supposed to be when it was supposed to be. When you are getting off your ship and see all the other excursion boats, it's a good feeling to start right.

* The boat is very smooth riding even when we were out in the Atlantic. The crew is great and so friendly.

* We covered about 25 miles of the northern coast with many pauses along the way to talk about what we were looking at.

* Actual stops included Great Bird Island to hike/swim, cove mooring for lunch break, Hell's Gate for climbing fun, and a snorkel stop

* Lots of non-alcholic drinks on the way out and great rum punch on the way back

My parents were with us who are not physically strong any longer. They stayed onboard the whole trip. While they wished they could be with the rest of us, they enjoyed the scenery and talking with the crew. Mom sat on the swim platform dangling her legs in the water.

can you tell me it seems like you walked to the boat from the ship is this true? How long did they take to get back to you it has been about 3 days? how many people were on the excursion? Was it easy to get on and off the boat in the water? Did you have time to shop when you returned? Is the shopping close? We really wanted to do the kayaking but it is already sold out so i am hoping we get onto this excursion. We are a family on the Golden Princess coming in March 20th! thanks!

can you tell me it seems like you walked to the boat from the ship is this true? How long did they take to get back to you it has been about 3 days? how many people were on the excursion? Was it easy to get on and off the boat in the water? Did you have time to shop when you returned? Is the shopping close? We really wanted to do the kayaking but it is already sold out so i am hoping we get onto this excursion. We are a family on the Golden Princess coming in March 20th! thanks!

FLYCATCHER06 - We did Eli's in November......It is not a far walk from your ship to Eli's boat - less than three minutes! They usually respond right away I would try emailing them again. We had about twenty - thirty people on board with us - no problems getting in and out of water - they have a ladder to go up and down. They have you back around 3:00 so there is still time to shop depending on what time your ship departs ~ but the stores are all right in the vicinity of where Eli's drops you. This was one of our favorite excursions!!

My wife and I enjoyed Eli's tour so much that we are going again this December. But this time we are going on the Extreme tour with Eli. Can't wait for December to roll around.

Hello Andrea, hope all is well in Mt. Joy

Hi Carl - Everything is well.....I saw from your post on the Serenade thread that you were going on another cruise....not sure what plans are for this year - decided to do some home renovations and probably skip a big vacation this year. We had checked out traveling with the kids over Christmas but $$$$$$ - I am hoping that my husband will surprise me with a four/five day getaway in December for my 40th birthday!! I have been hinting around so hopefully he will get the hint. I will look for you and Cathy at soccer games!! Andrea

Nell is usually very responsive. Give her a day or two then contact them again. Initially filled out their form then used e-mail for future contact.

We were on Serenade which docks at Heritage Quay Pier. We walked down the pier which is not a long one to where the pier meets the boardwalk. Their boat was docked right there where the two meet. Very easy! There is a second pier - News Street Pier. If your ship comes in on that one, you will have a longer walk.

We had about 20 on the boat. There was plenty of seating for everyone. Half is in the open sun and half has a roof over it.

It was very easy to get on and off the boat. You use the forward ladder at Great Bird Island. You get off into knee deep water. You use the stern swimming platform and ladders for Hell's Gate and the snorkel stop.

We had about an hour to shop after we returned. The shops are right there so you don't have to go far. There is a straw market like the one in Nassau and plenty of other individual shops.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived