Help - Celebrity Constellation Cabin Selection

soonercruisers

Hello fellow cruisers!

We are considering some cabin selections on the Celebrity Constellation, specifically: Penthouse Deck Cabins 6000, 6001, 6002, and 6003. Vista Deck cabins 7000 and 7001.

We know that these are located on the bow. All comments are graciously accepted.

Frank and Marie

My husband and I were in 7002 a couple of weeks back. It's definitely true that you feel the motion more in the bow (we didn't find it unpleasant despite relatively rough seas), and it's a bit of a hike from the dining room, but we felt it was more than worth it for the extra space (I'd guess the cabin was close to twice the size of the standard ones). We did take a peek in 7000 and it was bigger than the standards, too, although not by as much. Having the porthole out the front was fine, too, (and there was even a little "window seat" with an outer ledge by the window ... with a couple of pillows it was a great spot for a nap in the sun). We'd definitely do it again. I think 6002 is even bigger - there are some pictures of that cabin somewhere on these boards that I found once.

Good luck!

In regards to the forward cabin.

Even tho it is a HIKE to the elevators it is worth it because of the large "package shelf". There was enough room to store our rolling suitcases (big 'uns, we tend to overpack). And if you are agile enough, you can get onto the shelf and take a private all-over sun-tanning session and no one can see you at all. The round porthole is big and lets in lots of light. I am no lightweight and it held my weight for a couple hours at a time.:)

One caveat - ours was on the Radiance of the Seas, built on the same hull as the Connie, so the two cabins should be similar in overall design. We were on the 7th deck and you could look out and see the heliport.

Thanks to The Big Booper.

We'll definitely use the extra storage space you mentioned. Even though this is our fifteenth cruise or so we still pack as though we're leaving home for good.

And us cruisers all know that we can use the hike from the cabin to the eating (grazing) areas.

Frank and Marie :) :o

Soonercuisers, I am curious about how you got a "fabulous price" on your cabin. I thought Celebrity didn't discount and all prices were the same. We also have booked a cabin on Vista deck and now I wonder if we overpaid.

Hello fellow cruisers!

We are considering some cabin selections on the Celebrity Constellation, specifically: Penthouse Deck Cabins 6000, 6001, 6002, and 6003. Vista Deck cabins 7000 and 7001.

We know that these are located on the bow. All comments are graciously accepted.

Frank and Marie

We were in cabin 7000 2 yrs ago. The best location. Your window is exactly as the view from the bridge which is directly above We loved it. If yuou can get it it is one of the best locations available. Of course, I didn't notice rough weather affect as we had none. I'd book again in a heartbeat especially if Capt. Papanikalou is on bord.

woody 14h: We were able to book 7001. Thanks for the info on the cabin.

Wags: I'm an airline retiree and we're able to book travel through interline companies that cater to airline and travel industry employees. Cabin availability is somewhat limited at these reduced costs and you have to plan VERY quickly. If you read the different comments by fellow Cruise Critics you will see references to Travel Agencies that handle last minute cruise deals available to everyone.

Sooner Cruisers :) :o

Archived