Denali-Alaska Cabin Nite Dinner Theatre

mworkman

Does anyone know if RC offers any land base excursions once you're off the ship and still on RC tour? Specifically looking at Alaska Cabin Nite Dinner Theatre, once we get to Denali on the first night of the 2 night spent there. I'm currently scheduling our next cruise/tour 8A land based excursions and want to ensure that i don't mess it up by not booking in time.

Edited by mworkman

45 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Does anyone know if RC offers any land base excursions once you're off the ship and still on RC tour? Specifically looking at Alaska Cabin Nite Dinner Theatre, once we get to Denali on the first night of the 2 night spent there. I'm currently scheduling our next cruise/tour 8A land based excursions and want to ensure that i don't mess it up by not booking in time.

The cruise tour includes certain excursions and there are also optional excursions that you can book if you wish to. We were on cruise tour 8B in August. When we met our tour guide we were provided with a list of the optional excursions that we could take. We booked these tours through our guide. I do remember the Denali Dinner Theater being on the list of optional tours for Denali. There was not any information regarding the optional tours made available until we met the tour guide. 

Edited by lr657

Thanks...I was wondering why they would't publish something in your cruise planner as options for land based excursions like they do for the ship excursions.  I looked at the current schedule and prices, which is $75 per person for the dinner and show.  Does that look like the general ballpark figure offered by tour guide?

On 2/2/2020 at 9:49 AM, mworkman said:

Thanks...I was wondering why they would't publish something in your cruise planner as options for land based excursions like they do for the ship excursions.  I looked at the current schedule and prices, which is $75 per person for the dinner and show.  Does that look like the general ballpark figure offered by tour guide?

We did this exact "excursion" in 2013 through Princess.  It cost $89/pp at that time.  Frankly, I would save my money.  This was the most amateur production I have ever had the misfortune to attend.  The performers put their heart into it but the storyline was grade school quality.  The food was mediocre and served family style.  

We really enjoyed the dog sled tour.  Very educational and we got to hold the puppies!

On 2/2/2020 at 10:49 AM, mworkman said:

Sorry, I don't remember what the dinner show price was in the excursion list. In Denali we booked an excursion to visit the sled dogs. We really enjoyed it. Those that went to the Dinner Show felt it was OK, but nothing great. 

When we met the guide for the land tour, she provided everyone with specific tour details and the agenda for each day of the tour. We were also given a pamphlet with the information on all the optional tours that could be booked for each stop. No one in our tour group had any difficulty booking the tours that they wanted. As each day of the tour is very busy, the optional excursions were mostly in the evening. 

There was very little specific information on the cruise tour available before the tour started. None of the optional land excursion information was provided in the cruise planner or the cruise documents. As a planner I found this frustrating, but it all went smoothly.

We were on cruise/tour 8B and had the land portion before we boarded the ship. I'm thinking that your 8A tour has a similar land tour route but after the cruise. We loved traveling on the Wilderness Express train. It was very comfortable with open views. The meals in the dining car were well prepared and served some of the most reasonably priced food that we found in Alaska. All the overnight accommodations were in beautiful locations, and the included tours provided us with the experience we were hoping to get.