P&O "Rome on your own" timings

HappyGiraffe

Has any one done this excursion recently and wouldn't mind sharing how the timings worked out? Also where you were dropped off/ picked up in Rome? The cruise personaliser (or whatever it's called now!) says 9 hours leaving at 8.15am but other than that there's very little info provided by P&O. Best guess I'd assume arrive in Rome just before 10am and need to be back on the coach 3.30pm ish, but we don't normally rely on ship excursions and it's our first visit to Rome so any info/ first hand experience would be appreciated! 

We did it in October. I think we arrived about 9.30am, which did surprise, me but I think it was because it was a Saturday and no locals were going into the city. We had to be back at 3.45pm. Being British we were all there at 3.35pm, apart from the guide, who, being Italian turned up at 3.47pm!

We were dropped off at a theatre which is a short distance from the Forum and Piazza Venezia.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, happy v said:

We did it in October. I think we arrived about 9.30am, which did surprise, me but I think it was because it was a Saturday and no locals were going into the city. We had to be back at 3.45pm. Being British we were all there at 3.35pm, apart from the guide, who, being Italian turned up at 3.47pm!

We were dropped off at a theatre which is a short distance from the Forum and Piazza Venezia.

That really made me laugh!