Aft facing cabins Musica

titanic27

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:49 PM, titanic27 said:

Anyone have any pictures  of cabins on deck 10 on the Musica or Musica class ships ?

Thank you 

Here you go a video on youtube of an aft cabin on deck 11 on Orchestra, very similar in balcony size to deck 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XBp1w0BJSw

and another one; deck 13 this time will have a much smaller balcony than deck 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIrsio4mPQ8

Edited by Skier52
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2021 at 3:24 AM, Seemeonthesea said:

I'm interested in this as well as we are booked in an aft cabin on deck 11 on Musica.

I am wondering about the balcony size and exposure due to the curvature on the back of Musica.  Decks 9 and 10 appear to be completely under cover, while 11 is much more exposed.  Is this correct? Are the aft balconies larger lower down on decks  8 and 9? 

The YouTube videos posted earlier seemed to be entirely different. Is Divina aft the same shape as Musica aft and cabin layout the same?

This is from our cruise on the Poesia in 2019. Cabin 10236. Unfortunately this is the best photo I have located so far that demonstrates the depth. The balcony  is much larger than what we have has on the side of the Orchestra and Magnifica. We booked the same deck (aft) on the Poesia for September this year. We felt the balconies could have easily handled a couple of lunge chairs.

IMG_20190921_082458922_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 6:41 AM, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I am wondering about the balcony size and exposure due to the curvature on the back of Musica.  Decks 9 and 10 appear to be completely under cover, while 11 is much more exposed.  Is this correct? Are the aft balconies larger lower down on decks  8 and 9? 

The YouTube videos posted earlier seemed to be entirely different. Is Divina aft the same shape as Musica aft and cabin layout the same?

MUSICA

200-musica.jpg?width=450&height=278&fit=

DIVINA

100_MSC.Divina.jpg?width=450&height=278&

As you can see the sterns are very different in profile and the balcony sizes are on Musica pretty much the standard size and don't have the large sq, ft. balconies like deck 10 and 11 on Divina do.

Pete

On 3/21/2021 at 6:41 AM, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Here you can see the difference in size of the deck 10  balconies on Musica and Divina.

Before you ask deck plans are almost true to scale and can be used in this fashion  to compare relative sizes.

In this case the relative size of the cabin to its balcony is the important ratio

Bear in mind the Divina cabins are 14 - 19 sq.m and Musica 15 - 28sq.m. ( the big area cabins are the special  needs cabins)

300_MUS_DIBBV(1).jpg

3 hours ago, Skier52 said:

MUSICA

DIVINA

As you can see the sterns are very different in profile and the balcony sizes are on Musica pretty much the standard size and don't have the large sq, ft. balconies like deck 10 and 11 on Divina do.

Pete

Thank you, but, I'm still confused by the comparisons to Divina in your posts and the YouTube links to Davina balconies above.  Perhaps my question wasn't clear.  Are the balconies on Musica under cover to varying degrees?  It appears to be so.  Are the balconies of different depths on the lower decks and gradually smaller as you move up? I can't tell from pictures.  Which ships should I be comparing to in the same class as Musica?  Sorry.  Completely new to MSC.

I find Wikipedia to be a great resource to identify the other ships in the same class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSC_Cruises#Current_fleet

You would be comparing the Musica to the Poesia, Orchestra and Magnifica.

Again off the Poesia, I think this photo may be able to answer some of your questions but necessarily about the different deck sizes. As Skier52 noted, the deck plans should show that.

IMG_20190926_170741684.thumb.jpg.6207ac31a58993cec5cb05254983a71e.jpg

7 hours ago, YVRCruiser said:

I find Wikipedia to be a great resource to identify the other ships in the same class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSC_Cruises#Current_fleet

You would be comparing the Musica to the Poesia, Orchestra and Magnifica.

Again off the Poesia, I think this photo may be able to answer some of your questions but necessarily about the different deck sizes. As Skier52 noted, the deck plans should show that.

Since you've stayed in these cabins, I'd ask you would you do it again?  Was the rather small loveseat enough seating for you?  Are the outside stairwells on the aft open to guests or crew only?  I love a sunny balcony for at least part of the day.  Did you get enough sun on your balcony or was it always in shade unless at the rail?  

Thank you.

Absolutely. We are booked on the Musica cabin 10238 for this September even though we will not likely make it. Our friends were in two other aft cabins and we all prefer it over being on one of the side cabins which we have all experienced in this class of ship. It offers a different viewing perspective when entering or leaving a port. Plus we felt the balcony on this deck was twice the size.

The sofa was not an issue for us. we were outside most of the time.Even then, the TV is on the same side of the cabin so it was difficult to see it from there. I may have used is one alone and it would be cozy for two.

The stairwell is open to all but rarely used. We found it convenient to get to the buffet and bar at the back of the ship. this was the only guest that popped his head around the barrier.

IMG_20190924_153544155_HDR.thumb.jpg.62c68b6d1527baeed18846d11663a4c5.jpg

I think we got more sun here than on the side as part of the deck was not covered. It all depended on where the ship and sun were at any given time though. as always. I recall needing my shades quite a bit out there.

Some may say the aft is a but bumpier but I find it relaxing. It is however noisier due to the water being pushed by the propellers but not noticeable at all when the door is shut.

When I look for a cruise finding one with an available aft cabin is preferred now. We were disappointed not to see one available for our April 2021 cruise on the Grandiosa so we picked one facing forward instead.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edited by YVRCruiser
Answered the questions.
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, YVRCruiser said:

this was the only guest that popped his head around the barrier.

IMG_20190924_153544155_HDR.thumb.jpg.62c68b6d1527baeed18846d11663a4c5.jpg

Love this!

Thanks for all of the details. I imagine deck 10 would be my choice rather than the more fully exposed deck 11 cabins.  Though great for the sun that I crave, I also like to have some overhang above to sit out in shade or light rain, too. I have sailed in an aft before and was not negatively affected by the vibrations others sometimes mention.   You're right about the wake.  Absolutely mesmerizing.

Hope something good comes for your September holiday. 🤞

• 2 years later...
On 3/22/2021 at 1:36 AM, YVRCruiser said:

This is from our cruise on the Poesia in 2019. Cabin 10236. Unfortunately this is the best photo I have located so far that demonstrates the depth. The balcony  is much larger than what we have has on the side of the Orchestra and Magnifica. We booked the same deck (aft) on the Poesia for September this year. We felt the balconies could have easily handled a couple of lunge chairs.

IMG_20190921_082458922_HDR.jpg

Hi, we are booked in this cabin on a Mediterranean cruise in October 2024. Do you have any other photos please.