Mahogany Bay

JoAnneNYI

We need to meet our private driver outside the security gates and downhill to where the taxis wait.  Is this a steep walk or gradual incline? Are there possibly golf carts to take you to the gates? We are told it should be about an eight minute walk total but map seems longer to me. Concerned about my sister who had a knee replacement a few months ago. Although she is completely healed. My husband has hip pain if he walks a longer distance on an incline. Any info appreciated.

There is a fairly steep sidewalk going up, down and up between the ship and the shopping area (maybe 200' total).  Then you will encounter a general uphill for 100 yards or so to the port exit.  People were having no problem walking it or riding scooters up the hills but it would be a chore to push a wheelchair up there.  Eight minutes to the gate sounds about right for a slow walking pace.  We walked it a couple of times since the local craft market is all the way at the street entrance to the port.  No idea what is beyond the gate (our tour to Maya Key left from downhill at a dock at the bottom of the shopping area).  Total distance isn't that far - maybe 3 ship lengths.