TV connections on Sojourn

norm2002

Hi

What accessible input connections do the TVs in the veranda suites have? Is there an HDMI input for connecting my computer? What about attaching USB sticks to the TV? Is that possible?

What size are the TVs measured the standard diagonal way?

Thanks for advice.

When the ship TVs became interactive (menus, accounts, etc.) a book size PC was placed on the back. My impression is that as a result that's not a TV any more, it's a computer monitor with an in-house streaming system. The remote is now received by the PC and the TV "source" buttons don't necessarily control the TV. The PC's have USB ports but they are thoroughly locked down because at the least users could inadvertently screw up the PC and at the worst hackers could use them to get into the ship's systems. So, sorry I don't think you can plug in anything. We used our tablet to play back camera material.

When they still had DVD players we had trouble with a disk and played with the buttons, the player locked up. It took a tech to fix it because the ships were allowed to play "out of region" DVDs and so they have special codes for reprogramming the player. It took him a few tries to get it to work again. On another line the business center support regularly had to adjust people's Wi-Fi accounts because head office kept updating the systems and the B2B accounts kept getting snagged by this. Running shipboard systems has just plain become complicated.

Bill