Ship in Port 12-8

cruising with the family

I am cruising with my 2 teenagers in April.  We will be in Cozumel 12-8.  I was hoping to do the AI at Paradise Beach, but it looks like that closes at 5 PM (which really may be 4 PM, since the ship will be on EDT), so I don't think it's worth it.  I see that Nachi Cocom may be open later on this day, but I'm worried my teens will be bored there. (I, on the other hand, would love it!).  

Suggestions for beach resorts for late arrival?  What have others done on a similar itinerary with later port time?

No water toys or sandy beach, but Money Bar usually stays open later - including a sunset happy hour - and offers good snorkeling from the shore plus good facilities/food/drinks/service.

You might consider a pay as you go beach club for a few hours and then head downtown for dinner, drinks, shopping.

Or skip the beach, hire a driver for a few hours and tour the island, including the east side with great views and a few funky bars.

22 hours ago, cruising with the family said:

I am cruising with my 2 teenagers in April.  We will be in Cozumel 12-8.  I was hoping to do the AI at Paradise Beach, but it looks like that closes at 5 PM (which really may be 4 PM, since the ship will be on EDT), so I don't think it's worth it.  I see that Nachi Cocom may be open later on this day, but I'm worried my teens will be bored there. (I, on the other hand, would love it!).  

Suggestions for beach resorts for late arrival?  What have others done on a similar itinerary with later port time?

Paradise will close at 5pm LOCAL time, which will be 6 ship time if you stay on EDT. Your call if 5 and a half hours is enough for AI, or you could do PAYG.

Remember water passes are extra and everyone in group has to do AI.

Keep watch on ship time.