Anybody know the chances of being upgraded to a sea terrace?

nerea22x

I booked an insider, my room hasn't been assigned. Having only sailed on balconies in the past I'm wary of inside cabins (I've read a lot of the positive things but I just like having a private balcony). I understand that this ship hasn't even sailed yet! But does anybody have an experience with being upgraded so far? 

I checked my sailing dates in April and all categories from insider to seaview to sea terrace are all available for booking. I'm really, really hoping for an upgrade, just not sure if this even something Virgin Voyages does. I know there was a promotion going on where if you booked during x time frame you could get an upgrade but I didn't book during that time. 

Any insight is much appreciated! 

I don't know that any of us know yet since everything is brand new. I would guess that Virgin will upgrade folks to higher level cabins if they are available. I don't know what criteria they will use, but you have to figure if balconies are available, they will upgrade folks to fill them.  

5 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

I could only guess-They still have time before sailings for last minute bookings--But I sure hope they offer me one, since I put my deposit down 832 days ago....:)

now that is some serious committment 🙂 Good luck on the upgrade!