Blue Lagoon Island

gaylemh

I'm thinking about going here through Royal Caribbean.  I was going to book the stingray excursion, as that is the cheapest one.  Can you just do the beach and not the stingrays?  Also is there umbrellas or shade?  Some of the private islands have very shallow water, how deep is the water?  Are there restrooms on the boat that takes you there?

We were there in October, lots of chairs along the water with umbrellas, they also have chairs scattered all over, there are hammocks in trees too. They have a full size connect 4 game and chess, corn hole games  and table tennis. We were able to just wade close to shore, but it is deep and you can go over your head. Family members were able to do some decent snorkeling. We all walked over to see the dolphins swim, and some were there for the performance. 

On 2/15/2020 at 5:07 PM, CRUZERWANNABE said:

We were there in October, lots of chairs along the water with umbrellas, they also have chairs scattered all over, there are hammocks in trees too. They have a full size connect 4 game and chess, corn hole games  and table tennis. We were able to just wade close to shore, but it is deep and you can go over your head. Family members were able to do some decent snorkeling. We all walked over to see the dolphins swim, and some were there for the performance. 

Thanks

7 hours ago, odaisydukeo said:

There is another thread with people saying there were no chairs- thinking of cancelling it as there are six ships in port the day we are there.

When I took the tour to blue Lagoon we got there very early probably about 9:30AM so there were plenty of chairs at that time. As the day went on and more and more ferries full of people were coming the chairs filled up fast.  So I think the secret is getting there on an early tour. 

1 hour ago, Marie51 said:

When I took the tour to blue Lagoon we got there very early probably about 9:30AM so there were plenty of chairs at that time. As the day went on and more and more ferries full of people were coming the chairs filled up fast.  So I think the secret is getting there on an early tour. 

How long did you stay there until?  Were there options for return ferries to the ship?