Scarlet Lady NYC Preview Day - March 8th

CruisingWalter

If you live in or near New York City, you can go onboard Scarlet Lady on March 8th to have a look around.  Must register by February 28th.  Looks like anyone can register.

https://web.cvent.com/event/180dbb72-8fdd-4eaf-b264-bbbc9da623c9/summary

Scarlet Lady

New York Cruise Terminal

Pier 88

711 12th Ave

New York, NY 10019

March 8, 2020

11:00 AM-3:00 PM

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

I just clicked on register now button and it says registration not available.  

Bummer, it was working when I posted it.  I didn't register because I'm not in the state any longer.  Hopefully it'll pop back up or maybe they're sold out.  

• Like 1

Just now, creativegenius said:

We are sailing in August. Can't wait!

I'm sure it will be fun for you to keep up with CC and learn everything you can before you sail!  I am considering booking something in May.  Prices are not too bad.  My curiosity about this ship is driving me towards it.  

1 minute ago, grouchomarx said:

I'm sure it will be fun for you to keep up with CC and learn everything you can before you sail!  I am considering booking something in May.  Prices are not too bad.  My curiosity about this ship is driving me towards it.  

It'll be our 14th cruise, 8th or 9th cruise line. We love trying new experiences. Hopping on the new Carnival Mardi Gras in early 2021.

• Like 1

I don't think that link you posted was ever intended for the general public, based upon one of the Q&A's listed:

Looks like I won’t be able to make it. Can I invite someone else in my place?

I’m sure if you love them, we will as well. However, this invite is just for you. But we hope to welcome your mate on board in the future.

You noted that you didn't try to register.  It's only when you click on the registration button that the Registration Not Available, contact the planner message appears.

11 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

Since the link isn't working now, the moderator is welcome to delete this thread. 

I'd say leave it because it's still interesting to note as a point of progress on the ship as she makes her way to the first paid sailing.

To me, this is an indication that the ship will ready for passengers, whereas the decision not to sell the transatlantic voyage most likely means the ship is not ready.  The crossing probably will be used to place soft goods.

That the NYC event is walk-on/walk-off and NOT an overnight indicates that the ship still may not have all the staterooms ready.  The activities appear to be confined to public space, though there probably will be some staterooms "on display" for viewing.

It seems the "drop dead" date to be ready is March 17th for the FamTrip out of Miami that someone else informed in another thread.

I'm glad you did post the link.  Had it worked for me and I was able to reserve, I would have flown up from South Florida just for the event.