RE: Visa Free Tours in St Petersburg

cntrymum

We will be in port for 2 days.  We have found 2 x single day tours that suit our interests better than any of the 2 day tours.  Has anyone done this and if so, did you experience any issues with the visa checks?  I'm assuming we would have to be checked out each day so as long as we had the paperwork for each tour, it wouldn't matter if it wasn't the same company for both days?

Firstly, have you contacted the companies to check that the one-day tours are definitely available on the days that you wish to take them? What tours are they? (Also, they might be the ones best able to give you answers about visas and immigration.)

But secondly, have you done a price comparison between the two one-day tours and a private tour with one company? We set up a private tour on our last visit because we wanted to customize our itinerary, and it was more affordable than I'd thought it would be. (Ours was with Red Sun Tours, although we got quotes from other companies that were very similar.)

I don't think you will have any problems even if you use 2 different companies for both days. They will each provide you with the blanket visas that you will need for each day. Though, I think it would be better to use 1 tour company and let them customize your tour for both days. You might get a better rate if you use just 1 tour company. 

Like the others, I think you’ll get better service and deal with a two day tour.

but if you use two local operators it’s no problem. Each will provide you with an e-mailed tour ticket and that plus passports will get you thro immigration. Just make sure you take the right ticket for the right day, immigration will check the date on the ticket.

btw immigration is quite slow on Day One. because of their paperwork, but very speedy on day two

JB 😀

On 2/15/2020 at 6:55 PM, cntrymum said:

We will be in port for 2 days.  We have found 2 x single day tours that suit our interests better than any of the 2 day tours.  Has anyone done this and if so, did you experience any issues with the visa checks? 

You will have no issues with immigration - it does not matter if you have booked with separate companies. You should be issued a tour ticket for each day & that is what the immigration official will be looking for (along with your valid passport).