Any recent Weddings on board?

thjeepster

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Thjeepster, 

Just checking in to see how you're doing. I think you will be the first of us brides to actually get married on a ship since Covid happened and everything shut down? From everything I've read, it appears  Royal has their ducks in a row and they have a method for cruising that seems to be working pretty well.  I excited for you and wish you good luck from now until your sail date😁

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 8:02 AM, runner2013 said:

Hey Thjeepster, 

Just checking in to see how you're doing. I think you will be the first of us brides to actually get married on a ship since Covid happened and everything shut down? From everything I've read, it appears  Royal has their ducks in a row and they have a method for cruising that seems to be working pretty well.  I excited for you and wish you good luck from now until your sail date😁

Hello Runner!!!

yes my fiancé will hopefully be the first bride in the group to get married. Only 47 days until the cruise leaves. 
I’m getting very anxious but she’s getting nervous because of all the other times it’s been cancelled or changed. 
hopefully we will get to cruise and get this done lol. Been planning since July 2019. 

how are the plans going for you?

i’ve been stressed in the past but lately I’m trying to think positively. I rather be the stressed one and not her, it’s her day and it should be perfect. 

• Like 1

Hello Thjeepster, 

I'm so glad to hear things are finally falling into place for you. It seems to me like you've been waiting forever so I can only imagine how you have been feeling. I think keeping a positive attitude is key to keeping your sanity at this point. (We keep telling ourselves, as long as the two of us are on the ship when it sails that's all that really matters). 

Things are coming along for us. Our date isn't until May 30th of 2022 so we've got a ways to go. We're trying to be a proactive as possible when it comes to paperwork, deciding on a location for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner etc. We want to have as much as possible done ahead of time so when it does get closer and its 'go time' we aren't running around too crazy. As i'm sure you know, getting friends and family all the info they need, (hello wedding website with all the info)l earning how to use the cruise lines app for checking in, worrying about all the changes happening with cruising right now can all be so daunting. It's so stressful  sometimes I have to just stop looking at these boards because I'm overloaded. 

Anyway, I'm excited for you and keeping my fingers crossed, hoping you have a wonderful day and it exceeds all you expectations🤞

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 5:34 PM, runner2013 said:

Hello Thjeepster, 

I'm so glad to hear things are finally falling into place for you. It seems to me like you've been waiting forever so I can only imagine how you have been feeling. I think keeping a positive attitude is key to keeping your sanity at this point. (We keep telling ourselves, as long as the two of us are on the ship when it sails that's all that really matters). 

Things are coming along for us. Our date isn't until May 30th of 2022 so we've got a ways to go. We're trying to be a proactive as possible when it comes to paperwork, deciding on a location for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner etc. We want to have as much as possible done ahead of time so when it does get closer and its 'go time' we aren't running around too crazy. As i'm sure you know, getting friends and family all the info they need, (hello wedding website with all the info)l earning how to use the cruise lines app for checking in, worrying about all the changes happening with cruising right now can all be so daunting. It's so stressful  sometimes I have to just stop looking at these boards because I'm overloaded. 

Anyway, I'm excited for you and keeping my fingers crossed, hoping you have a wonderful day and it exceeds all you expectations🤞

Hello Runner2013~

The countdown has begun!  37 more days.....praying it happens.....there are only 5 more sailings before we get on the ship!

Are you going thru the wedding group for Princess?  If so, make sure you ask lots of questions and make sure you get things in writing!  We had a wedding planner with the Royal Celebrations (dealt with her for over a year and 5 months) and then within the past 6 months so left the company and had to get a new planner....luckily I saved all the emails from our last one because then I could refer to what she told us and sent it to the new one!

We are all checked in for the cruise and have our SetSail pass....but not our luggage tags yet or our documents.....but it's getting closer!

Good luck with the planning with yours and if you have any questions please ask! 

19 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

Hello Runner2013~

The countdown has begun!  37 more days.....praying it happens.....there are only 5 more sailings before we get on the ship!

Are you going thru the wedding group for Princess?  If so, make sure you ask lots of questions and make sure you get things in writing!  We had a wedding planner with the Royal Celebrations (dealt with her for over a year and 5 months) and then within the past 6 months so left the company and had to get a new planner....luckily I saved all the emails from our last one because then I could refer to what she told us and sent it to the new one!

We are all checked in for the cruise and have our SetSail pass....but not our luggage tags yet or our documents.....but it's getting closer!

Good luck with the planning with yours and if you have any questions please ask! 

Hi ThJeepster,

We are going through the online wedding coordinator for Princess. So far she has been amazing. I'm very lucky, between my travel agent, who specializes in wedding cruises and was actually married on a cruise herself, and my online coordinator, all my questions have been answered which definitely makes me feel better. As you did, i've got copies of all emails and price quotes etc. just in case anything should happen going forward. 

One of my biggest fears is leaving paperwork behind. I've already told my guy he will also be carrying copies of all paperwork in his suitcase, and i'm also thinking of mailing a copy to his folks in Florida. For something this important you can never be too prepared right:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thjeepster, 

Was wondering if you heard back for Royal yet regarding facemasks on your wedding day? Hopefully they give you the green light to go without them.. 🤞

I was also curious about how your fiance' was transporting her wedding dress on embarkation day, but then I noticed you're in Florida so i'm guessing it's not a big issue. 

I have to fly so it's being rolled in acid free tissue paper and put in my carry on.

😲

I just realized I forgot to ask if you two did itinerary cards/programs for your wedding day? If so, how did you word them? We are leaning towards a single sheet of cardstock paper with the essentials only. Time and place of ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. We plan on putting them in the welcome bags for the out of town guests who come in ahead of time.  Since that will be just about everyone who's attending we aren't worried about missing anyone. 

On 9/20/2021 at 4:40 PM, runner2013 said:

Hi Thjeepster, 

Was wondering if you heard back for Royal yet regarding facemasks on your wedding day? Hopefully they give you the green light to go without them.. 🤞

I was also curious about how your fiance' was transporting her wedding dress on embarkation day, but then I noticed you're in Florida so i'm guessing it's not a big issue. 

I have to fly so it's being rolled in acid free tissue paper and put in my carry on.

😲

Hello

we don’t have to wear face masks during the wedding because it’s o my our party in the venue….and of course the captain and the photograph and wedding coordinator.  Thank god!!!! I still have to ask about taking them off for pics elsewhere on the ship. Luckily we have a black and white one that say groom and bride!

luckily we are driving over to the pier. It’s directly across the state and only less than a 2 hour drive. So she will have it on her lap the entire time. 

We can’t believe it’s only exactly 3 weeks away!….crazy!  Finally after 18 long months of changing and rebooking 7 sailings for this!!!

how is the planning still going for you guys?

On 9/23/2021 at 5:21 PM, runner2013 said:

I just realized I forgot to ask if you two did itinerary cards/programs for your wedding day? If so, how did you word them? We are leaning towards a single sheet of cardstock paper with the essentials only. Time and place of ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. We plan on putting them in the welcome bags for the out of town guests who come in ahead of time.  Since that will be just about everyone who's attending we aren't worried about missing anyone. 

We didn’t do any cards for ours. We did for last April but threw them out. We went from 16 other people coming down to 4 guests!

we still made wedding favors bags with personalized candy bar wrappers, tiny hand sanitizers with personalized wrappers, tins with sticks on both sides and candy inside them, and compasses with personalized notes on the cards attached by rope/twine and few other little goodies….which will all be in a small cloth bag with our names the date and an anchor on the front. 

Edited by thjeepster
Fix
  • Like 1

So happy to hear you don't need to wear your masks. That's awesome!! As far as pics around the ship, maybe they'll tell you to wear them as you walk around but once you're in a spot for the pics you'll be able to remove them. Three weeks away for you two, you're at the home stretch. Are you nervous, how is your fiance' doing?  I can only imagine the feelings of excitement around everything. 

Our planning is going well. We're still in a holding pattern of sorts. We're bringing our own music for our cocktail hour so i've been searching YouTube for classical music pieces we want to use for our playlist. My guy is in charge of that. He's much better with the music on your phone stuff that me. :} Since it's only an hour it shouldn't be too hard to put something together. 

We have the photographer for 2 hours so after the ceremony we will have a toast and cutting of the cake. 

we will have probably around an hour left to walk around the ship to take photos at certain locations we pick out. 

then it will be very close for dinner at 5:15

Exactly 2 weeks to go!!!!

test kits in hand waiting until that Friday night to do them!!!!

was told by the wedding company that since the pandemic started we will be the 2nd couple getting married on a ship by them!

Was also told we will be the first couple to get married ever on the Odyssey!!!  Does that mean we should have something put on the ship to commemorate their first wedding?  A night plaque or something lol. Or we can be the god-parents of the ship??? Lol

• Like 1

I am so excited for you both! Two weeks from today you'll officially be married.  👰🤵

That's awesome you two are the first couple to be married on the ship. Hopefully the captain makes an announcement over the PA system to let everyone know:}

We've still got 7 months to go and I can't wait. I can only imagine how you both are feeling. 

If you get a chance come back here before you leave and let us know how you're doing. If not, I wish you a fantastic wedding and a wonderful honeymoon. 🥂

On 10/3/2021 at 10:04 PM, runner2013 said:

I am so excited for you both! Two weeks from today you'll officially be married.  👰🤵

That's awesome you two are the first couple to be married on the ship. Hopefully the captain makes an announcement over the PA system to let everyone know:}

We've still got 7 months to go and I can't wait. I can only imagine how you both are feeling. 

If you get a chance come back here before you leave and let us know how you're doing. If not, I wish you a fantastic wedding and a wonderful honeymoon. 🥂

Thank you so much!!!!  12 days to go!!!!  They wedding is on the 19th...so we still have 2 weeks from today to be married lol.

I'm hoping there are only about 50% of the ship capacity!....I heard the current sailing only has about 1,600 people on it!

My fiancé has been nervous and can't eat lately....I'm fine but I'm more nervous about the COVID testing for us and our guests.....don't know what we will do if anyone comes back positive.

7 more months for you....when is the wedding and sail date?...Which ship again? and where are you ports?  Have you mailed out your invitations yet?  I think in 7 months things will be alot better than they are now!....

I will be back on soon with updates before we go!

• Like 1