Spa Gratuities

MillieMeter

I read in some article about what is and is not included on a Seabourn ship.  The article said  one did not pay  gratuities on spa treatments.

I know I did ask on our Alaskan cruise in September of 2019 and was told the gratuities were not included so I included one every time I had a treatment.  Which is correct?  I am sailing from Lisbon to Barcelona on the Odyssey April, 8. The earlier 

years on Seabourn I know they were included but maybe times have changed the policy.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:45 AM, MillieMeter said:

I read in some article about what is and is not included on a Seabourn ship.  The article said  one did not pay  gratuities on spa treatments.

I know I did ask on our Alaskan cruise in September of 2019 and was told the gratuities were not included so I included one every time I had a treatment.  Which is correct?  I am sailing from Lisbon to Barcelona on the Odyssey April, 8. The earlier 

years on Seabourn I know they were included but maybe times have changed the policy.

We have seen it both ways on Seabourn cruises. I suggest you ask before signing for each service whether gratuity is included.

The spa staff do not work directly for Seabourn, but for a company that subcontracts.

Part of their compensation includes gratuities. ( should you think they have done a good job).

I think it’s acceptable to leave 10%-20% depending on the quality of your service and your country’s norm.  But if course it’s up to the individual based on the service you receive!