Glory Dinners- Which night to skip?

ChicagoMan

Attention all recent Glory cruisers....

We're sailing Western on 2/25 and are wondering what the best night to skip the dining room and go to the premium restaurant. Anyone remember? We'd like to make reservations in the supper club right when we get on board, but I don't want to miss a great dinner in the dining room. Help me out?

We were on the Glory last year and made reservations at the supper club. There was a table that had two receptionist in the lobby that had the menu, trying to get passengers to make reservations when we boarded. We just asked what nights were formal nights and picked one of the other nights and since we had late seating anyway port days did not really affect it.

Well for sure not do the Formal nights..

Lobster was yummy...

Also I posted we were on the Glory last week and found out a little

secret.. EVERY NIGHT YOU CAN ASK FOR A FILET MERIGON (SP) Steak

They have on the menu you can ask for a strip. But why would you

if you can get a nice big filet.. Most of our group ordered one at every

meal plus another they wanted to try... EVEN LOBSTER NIGHT

I don't remember which of the midweek nights we skipped last cruise.But in April we're planning on going to the Emerald Club on the last night.We'll just make sure to say goodbye to our tablemates the evening before.This way we'll still have something to look forward to on the last night while we're packing!

Attention all recent Glory cruisers....

We're sailing Western on 2/25 and are wondering what the best night to skip the dining room and go to the premium restaurant. Anyone remember? We'd like to make reservations in the supper club right when we get on board, but I don't want to miss a great dinner in the dining room. Help me out?

Just off the Glory Western this past Saturday.

We booked the Emerald Room for Tuesday night and that worked out great for us.

My logic was this......Monday and Thursday were formal nights and we wanted to be in the dining room for that. We did not want to go Sunday after Key West and we also did not want to miss the last night (Friday) in the dining room with our new friends SO....that is how we decided on Tuesday :p

Any idea what was on the menu for Tuesday night in the main dining room?

I don't recall the menu but I do know that our tablemates who ate in the dining room that night had the Beef Wellington.

Personally, the food was not what drove the decision for us. I find that there are great things, good things and eh things in the Dining Room each night. I was more concerned about choosing a night that was not formal night (wanted to be in the dining room for that) and also that would work for us as far as dressing up and our "social" desires. We also went to dinner earlier in the Emerald Room than we did in the Golden to allow for the extra time.

The food and service were so wonderful in the Emerald Room that I don't think I would ever feel as if I missed something in the dining room!

Beef Wellington would be a good night to skip in exchange for a fillet in the Emerald room. ;) I have found the beef wellington to be hit and miss on the ships.

I agree! I usually order the Beef Wellington when it is on the menu and sometimes it's great. Our tablemates said that it was not and they wound up ordering something else I believe.

I had the filet in the Emerald Room and my BF had the porterhouse. The steak was fabulous but it was only part of the experience as the rest of the food was pretty awesome as well!! The only thing that I did not think was fantastic was the caesar salad - they said "traditionally prepared" but it definetly fell short of that. The salad that my BF got was awesome!

if beef wellington is for Tuedsday-- here is that menu

http://image34.webshots.com/34/7/51/57/291075157zRJpri_ph.jpg

I would visit the hostess with the menus or see the pursers desk.

Going to the supper club directly uyou will be able to pick out your own table.

Tip-- avoid the window tables. although its romantic-- in the winter its dark out and you cant see anything..and the deck outside the window is a public deck- People will be walking by and stopping to look in.

Just off the Glory Western this past Saturday.

We booked the Emerald Room for Tuesday night and that worked out great for us.

My logic was this......Monday and Thursday were formal nights and we wanted to be in the dining room for that. We did not want to go Sunday after Key West and we also did not want to miss the last night (Friday) in the dining room with our new friends SO....that is how we decided on Tuesday :p

We are doing the Western in March & I thought someone told me the formal nights were Sun & Thurs.

Mon & Thurs make more sense!

Can you tell me for sure which is correct??

First formal night is always the next day after you get on the ship.

So if you get on Saturday--the next day is SUnday--your first formal night formal night. (lobster)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231083491/1291075157062547426zRJpri

scroll down and click on VIEW FULL SIZE>

Those menus are from last February- Carnival is in the process of changing a few things. Use them as a guideline.

Ex-- on the first night notice the Marde Gras Vegetarian Dish-- its now called Indian Curry on the new menu.

First formal night is always the next day after you get on the ship.

So if you get on Saturday--the next day is SUnday--your first formal night formal night. (lobster)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231083491/1291075157062547426zRJpri

scroll down and click on VIEW FULL SIZE>

I had thought that would be the case BUT on the Glory Western the first formal night was Monday and the second was Thursday.

I had thought that would be the case BUT on the Glory Western the first formal night was Monday and the second was Thursday.

Is it always like that?? or was it a fluke for your particular cruise

Is it always like that?? or was it a fluke for your particular cruise

I don't think it was a fluke as I had found some Capers online that were from a sailing back in June which reflected this as well.

That would be awesome- sailin gon the Liberty our formal nights are on both port days. Would have been nicer to have at least one on a sea day

It was FABULOUS!!! I had anticipated the first formal night to be Sunday after the day in Key West but when I found those Capers online I got really excited!! It was just wonderful to have BOTH Formal Nights fall on Sea Days!!

Carnival probably figured there would be less people able to make dinner after a day in Key West. :D

I wonder if ships have a number of passengers that don't (or barely) make the ship after a day in Key West. Sure is fun to watch when in Nassau, Cozumel and Aruba. :D :D

Carnival probably figured there would be less people able to make dinner after a day in Key West. :D

I wonder if ships have a number of passengers that don't (or barely) make the ship after a day in Key West. Sure is fun to watch when in Nassau, Cozumel and Aruba. :D :D

We left people behind in Belize and in Costa Maya we saw a group of 3 running down the pier as we pulled away!!

It was pretty cool in Costa Maya because I actually watched the ship slow down...the pilot boat went back and got them then brought them out to the ship and got them on! I was out on my balcony watching us sail away and had a great view of it all with my binoculars! From my balcony I had a good view into the window of the bridge and I have some photos of all the officers standing there watching. People cheered when this group of 3 got back on the ship.

I met someone who told me that they saw the same thing happen when we left Belize the day before.

Archived