Current Sofabeds Oasis+Allure

jammer1000

Hi All, does anyone have any knowledge of the current sofabeds on Oasis and Allure? I thought it would mean my 2 boys sharing a double bed (which is a no-go!) but a bit research has indicated the sofabeds may be like 2 single beds, one upper and one lower pullout/trundle bed. Does anyone know if this is the case? If so this would work fine for us. Many thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, jammer1000 said:

Hi All, does anyone have any knowledge of the current sofabeds on Oasis and Allure? I thought it would mean my 2 boys sharing a double bed (which is a no-go!) but a bit research has indicated the sofabeds may be like 2 single beds, one upper and one lower pullout/trundle bed. Does anyone know if this is the case? If so this would work fine for us. Many thanks in advance.

Deck 9 and 10 had the sofas replaced on Oasis in preparation for the SPA balcony rooms so those may be the new trundle style.  None of the others were changed.  Allure goes for her drydock in a couple month...expect the same.

Why not look for a category 3D that can hold 5 but you can book with 4.  same size balcony room but it has a sofabed and a pullman

Thanks so much for the info ourusualbeach. The agents are telling me it's a 7D that has pullman and sofa bed, looking at the deck plans though not all the 7Ds seem to have both the pullman and sofa. It's so confusing! But yes, we will try for a sofabed and pullman I think. Many thanks.

1 hour ago, jammer1000 said:

Thanks so much for the info ourusualbeach. The agents are telling me it's a 7D that has pullman and sofa bed, looking at the deck plans though not all the 7Ds seem to have both the pullman and sofa. It's so confusing! But yes, we will try for a sofabed and pullman I think. Many thanks.

They have been doing so much changing of categories lately that it most likely depends on when you are sailing as to what category those cabins fall under.  Anyway glad you found them and yes it is not all cabins in that category that have them.  

On 2/25/2020 at 10:03 AM, jammer1000 said:

Just returned from a cruise (my 1st) on Oasis, with 2 kids in tow who also would not share a bed peacefully. We booked through RC, and were told our room would have what you described--a pullout sofa, with another "layer" for the other kid (my husband talked to the agent, so I was never clear whether it was supposed to be a trundle, or a pullman--we assumed the latter).  We did not do our due diligence, and never checked the online ship map until 2 days before flying. Turns out our 1D class Oceanview Balcony room was just a "king" bed and pullout sofa; no trundle or pullman.  And too late to change.  The agent we spoke to this time told us the room was really meant for 2-3 adults, but you could make do with 2 kids by separating the "king" into 2 twins, and the parent get the sofa bed. I wasn't thrilled, since my hubby is 6'2" and weighs 240 lbs, and the sofa bed is listed as "double." We went into it thinking the kids were just going to have to suck it up and deal. It turned out that the sofa bed was a very generous double, and pretty comfortable (if you like a hard bed, which we do). So we took the 2nd agent's advice and had the steward make up the king as 2 twins.  It worked fine, though I will say a couple mornings I woke up with a stiff lower back. If I had to do it again, I would specfically request a room with the Pullman, as long as I could get it in a similar location to the one we had which was fantastic.  (Note: once the sofa bed is made up for the night, it was VERY difficult to move about, esp. with 2 kids, so only do it when you're out for the night and going to crash as soon as you get back!).

• 1 month later...