Norwegian Platinum Protection Plan

Lanic24

Hi there.. does anyone know about Norwegian's Platinum Protection Plan for cruises. If your cruise is cancelled, do you get your airfare reimbursed if you purchase that independently through the airline? Also, are there certain reasons that count for medical cancellations that you are aware of to get 100% coverage?

No cruise line insurance will reimburse your airfare if you bought it independently. Most likely your airline will allow you to use it with a change fee. Check with them to see if they are making any exceptions to standard policy because of the coronavirus.

There any number of valid reasons to cancel. Your policy lists them. Medical reasons have to be documented, and your doctor must advise against travel. It may depend on whether it is a pre-existing and you have coverage for that. I’m not sure what you are asking.

34 minutes ago, Babr said:

No cruise line insurance will reimburse your airfare if you bought it independently.

It does not help the OP, but Carnival's Vacation Protection plan covers independently booked airfare up to the total amount paid if you cancel for a covered reason.  I bet there are gotchas.  A few things I noticed:

• Independently booked airfare is not covered if you Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR).  If you booked airfare through Carnival, it is unclear to me if this would be covered under CFAR.
  • Carnival cancelling the cruise is not a listed covered reason.  Not sure what happens in this case with the airfare.
  • If the airline lets you use your airfare for a future flight, then I doubt Carnival will reimburse you for anything more than the change fees.
  • Thanks 1