Princess Scuba Excursion - Belize

ADBark

Hi - DH and I will be in Belize City with Princess in Nov'20. There is a 2-tank ship excursion offered, but it costs significantly more than going directly with Sea Sports Belize. Has anyone done the excursion? I'm wondering if perhaps the dive boat picks up cruise passengers at the ship rather than at the pier? If I could avoid the tender process that might have an impact on my choice. I'm also not sure what dive operator Princess uses in Belize, but I see Sea Sports is fairly well rated, and they claim to be only a 10 min. walk from the tender pier. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks, -A.

My husband just did the scuba excursion thru our ship (Carnival Conquest) a few weeks ago.  They picked up directly from our ship, and went straight out to the reefs, all gear onboard with everyone's names on them.  Worked very well.  Not sure if it was sea sport but I am guessing it was.  He really enjoyed it, and saving the tender time back and forth was worth the $$.  

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 1:52 PM, ABQrobin said:

My husband just did the scuba excursion thru our ship (Carnival Conquest) a few weeks ago.  They picked up directly from our ship, and went straight out to the reefs, all gear onboard with everyone's names on them.  Worked very well.  Not sure if it was sea sport but I am guessing it was.  He really enjoyed it, and saving the tender time back and forth was worth the $$.  

How many people were on the dive excursion with you?

• 1 year later...

We were quite happy with Sea Sports in 2019. This is our review from TripAdvisor:

Convenient for Cruise Passengers (4 stars)

Sea Sports is a nice dive operation. We used their services recently when our cruise ship visited Belize City. They were prompt in all their email communications and gave explicit directions on how to locate them. We actually did not need the directions since many people along the short walk asked if we were looking for Sea Sports (we looked kind of obvious since we were carrying dive bags). We had seven divers with only one dive master so we were a little concerned about the dive but Emerson (Emmy) was a great dive master. He gave exceptionally detailed pre-dive instructions. We had two newbies on board and he took good care of them but didn't forget about the rest of us. Emmy and Paul (the boat driver) were really helpful on getting us in and out of a badly rocking boat (a weather front had come through). We had two nice reef dives but there were not a lot of large fish. Nevertheless, Emmy found some nice things (tiny decorated crabs, toadfish, grouper, sting rays, and a furry sea cucumber). They even provided a light lunch for us as we did our surface interval. I’ve deducted a star from the operation since their boat did not have the best design for divers to get in or out of the water. After the dive, they were nice enough to drop the cruise ship divers off at the tender pier. We would definitely dive with them again!

Date of experience: January 2019

Edited by cboyle