Added credit card fees.

fionaanne1

I booked a cruise with flights through a UK TA in February and, upon checking my credit card statement  two days ago I saw that the amount owing differed from the amount quoted and paid in full to the TA.

It would seem that 1.5% has been added by Cunard 😲 despite stating on their website that CC fees are not added, nor according to the legal position in the UK, should they be.

When I booked it was mentioned that a small amount would be added but not to worry as this was a card fee and it would be removed.

I have referred the matter back to my TA (who were very surprised and apologetic) with documentary evidence of the overpayment and, I am confident that all will be resolved, eventually.🙄

In the scheme of things it isn't a huge amount but I would rather spend it on a few cocktails on board.🍹

Sorry, I don't quite understand your post, did the TA charge your Credit card with more than the quote and invoice ?

Did you pay in full at the time of booking ?

That sounds like a TA error rather than Cunard's. 

52 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Sorry, I don't quite understand your post, did the TA charge your Credit card with more than the quote and invoice ?

Did you pay in full at the time of booking ?

That sounds like a TA error rather than Cunard's. 

No, as I said, I paid what I was quoted (full amount) and what is shown on the paper invoice I received from the TA. The revised, slightly larger amount shown on my credit card statement is payable to Cunard not the TA.

The TA are working on my behalf with Cunard to resolve the matter.

Edited by fionaanne1

Copy of email just received from my TA....

"Good Afternoon Mrs xxxxxxxxx,

I have chased Cunard for a response regarding the credit card fees on your forthcoming voyage on the Queen Elizabeth, they have apologised for they delay but have confirmed that these are being removed from the booking today and your refunds will be sent back to you shortly.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,"

According to the TA it had happened a couple of times with bookings for the recently rearranged Australia cruises but, mine appears to be the only one not reimbursed immediately. 🙄

Hopefully, all's well that ends well. 

It's possible that your credit card was mistakenly recognised as a corporate card: credit card surcharges are still legal on company cards. Roughly every other time I book a BA flight my personal Amex card is mistakenly ID'd by their web site as a corporate card and the charge is added, but re-entering the details sorts things out. Ironic as it's a BA branded Amex...