Embarkment-Liberty of the Seas-03/15/20

What is the earliest time should we arrive at port to embark on the ship? 

I received an email from Royal Caribbean indicating that the US Coast Guard will be conducting a mandatory routine inspection on board before the boarding process may begin, As a result check in time for the cruise is now between 12 PM and 3 PM. Is this a normal procedure, US Coast Guard inspection?

If we arrive at the Galveston Port at 10:30, what time do you think we can embark and be on the ship?

Thanks

USCG is an annual inspection for ANY cruise ship home-porting in the US.  If all goes well, you might be able to embark as 'normal' - 11am ish? I'm onboard now, and the usual weekly crew drills have been running very smoothly - assuming the CG doesn't throw the ship a curve ball ;-)  all should be business as usual.

Been on the Liberty quite a few times (about 9 I think). Usually try to drop off the wife/kids and then park the car around 10:30-10:45. Line at that time takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 25 minutes depending on how quickly they are getting people through (or 2 hours for the one time that the computers broke down.  aaaaugh). Most times get on the ship between 11:15 - 11:30 via the priority pre-board (add about 20-30 minutes if you don't have any status).

I think they do periodic Coast Guard inspections but have never had one on Embark day (but did hear them say they were having one on one of the days we were leaving the ship). Sounds like this delays everything by about an hour. If it were me, I would still try to park about the same time (10:30-11:00). Most of the local parking spots don't like if you get there too much earlier than that since it interferes with the folks leaving. Worst case scenario is that you make it through security and just have to sit in the embarkation area for an extra hour. If they delay boarding until noon, then you can expect to be onboard between 12:30-1PM assuming you are not D+ or Key.