Latest Statement from Viking

Haworth

9 minutes ago, combine said:

Is not getting back all that you have paid, (either FCC or direct refund) not enough? How has it come down to choosing the best compensation when health is important and the staff onboard have lost their income 😢. It’s a sad sad day when compensation takes precedence over these issues. 

Not sure why you are quoting me on this. I don't think my quote in any way was saying that my compensation takes precedence over staff losing their income.  My comment had nothing to do with the plight of how the staff may be impacted, and I have no information on how the cruise lines will be compensating (or not compensating) their staff.  This is strictly on what other companies are doing for their customers.  If the customers are not well looked after and do not book future cruises, there will be no jobs in the future.

And no, getting back what I paid for the cruise portion is not enough IMO. Not when your sail date is that close. People sailing this week already had air and hotel and tours and kennels booked etc. etc.  -  bags were literally starting to be packed.    If you want to talk about me getting back all that I had paid, I would also be getting another $5,000 for Air & Hotel.   That 25% cruise credit, if I were able to use it, does not come to $5,000.  It was not a $20,000 cruise (at least not for my cabin).