Cruise to Antarcktica

eleonela

Norwegian Coastal Voyages also go to Antarctica. We were on their 17 day Grand Norway trip last May thru the fjords with a precruise in Oslo and a post in Bergen. We thought they did a first class job.

We're considering an Antarctica trip with them in the future.

http://2006.coastalvoyage.com/chile-main.shtml?color=010

• 8 years later...

We were on the Vavilov in January of 2015 and it was fine. The problem was the food and education on our cruise with One Ocean to Antarctica. I would look elsewhere unless that changes and it is difficult to predict if it will.

You might also look at the Marco Polo of Oceania Cruises. They go there and have landings on the continent. Most other main-line cruises only sail close to Antarctica but do not land.

I am sorry, but the Marco Polo has no association with Oceania!

MS Marco Polo is a cruise ship owned by Global Maritime, under charter to UK-based Cruise & Maritime Voyages,[6] having been previously operated by Transocean Tours, Germany.[5] She was built in 1965 by Mathias-Thesen Werft, East Germany as Aleksandr Pushkin for the Soviet Union's Baltic Shipping Company. After major alterations and additions, the ship sailed as Marco Polo for Orient Lines from 1993 to 2008

I sailed on her to the Antarctic in 2005, and enjoyed the experience.

You might also look at the Marco Polo of Oceania Cruises. They go there and have landings on the continent. Most other main-line cruises only sail close to Antartica but do not land.

None of the Oceania ships are named Marco Polo. I am not sure what cruise line you are thinking of but it is not Oceania.