Celebrity Travel Alert - Denied Boarding If You Traveled Through Europe?

Longwood50

I am booked on the Celebrity Infinity May 9, 2020 out of Barcelona.  The ship departs and visits France and Italy as well as other ports in Spain.  The travel alert says that boarding will be denied to anyone who travels through any of the Shengen countries which of course includes Spain, France and Italy.  Has anyone heard what Celebrity is intending to do since it has not announced the cancelling of the cruise but it obviously has made it impossible for anyone to board it. 

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I am booked on the Celebrity Infinity May 9, 2020 out of Barcelona.  The ship departs and visits France and Italy as well as other ports in Spain.  The travel alert says that boarding will be denied to anyone who travels through any of the Shengen countries which of course includes Spain, France and Italy.  Has anyone heard what Celebrity is intending to do since it has not announced the cancelling of the cruise but it obviously has made it impossible for anyone to board it. 

It does say this so perhaps by May it won't apply?  It's crazy.   "These temporary safety precautions will remain in place for a projected period of 30 days and will continued to be reviewed daily" 

7 minutes ago, Scottygirl1 said:

It does say this so perhaps by May it won't apply?  It's crazy.   "These temporary safety precautions will remain in place for a projected period of 30 days and will continued to be reviewed daily" 

Scottygirl1,

Thank You.  I missed the part about it being for a projected 30 days.  I was doing a back to back and Princess already cancelled the other cruise. 

1 hour ago, lostchild said:

Did they cancel all the European cruise before April 12?   How do they expect anyone to board an European cruise without traveling thru Europe in the last 15 days? Teleport?

I'm pretty sure the Apex inaugural sailings are the only ones Celebrity is operating in Europe in April.

They are going out of Southhampton, so not sure if that is part of the ban (it's not part of the US ban). But all the other scheduled ports are included in the bans, so how could we get back on the ship?

We are scheduled on the 13 April Apex cruise. I don't see how they can avoid cancelling all four of the April sailings.