Wouldnt honor website price

55 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

I'm somewhat knowledgeable with solo booking as I've booked solo many times... and Ken (Ourusualbeach) is the utmost pro with booking questions on this forum being a TA...

I have never seen a GTY available to a solo on-line, however sometimes it is available to my TA when I have called. I don;t know why this is.

In your case I am thinking, unless it's a website glitch or one-off, if you clicked on "Guarantee" on-line then you booked a double occupancy cabin. Having said that, in your reply to me you said you're booked in to the middle of the 3 solo cabins?? If so, on your invoice you have in your email there's no way there should be a "solo supplement" charging you double (200%) of the base fare. IF you had clicked on a regular guarantee, you're invoice will show the base fare, plus another base fare (indicating the 200% solo supplement).

Also 99% of time, if those rare solos on these Radiance Class ships are available, there are not priced well in comparison to the larger double occupancy cabins. 99% of the time they are equal or higher priced. 

In the end, we don't know what you clicked on exactly and how you booked. However you indicated that you know your cabin#... that's the key. The most important thing is what your emailed invoice says. What does it say?

It wasn't a guarantee, there was one designated #. I presume it was temporarily out of inventory. All seems well now.

Edited by c-leg5

Actually maybe I was taking it out of inventory every time I tried to book it, but who knows.

I'm actually really really glad to know there are solo cabins on a ship of out Galveston... it was worth being told to go away and I wanted something for nothing.

I suspect these cabins are hard to get if there are only 3 and I'll have to book well in advance.

I have no idea why I even clicked on that cruise, it's a 9 day cruise with 5 ports. I didnt know what a 2w is but now I do. And I'm very happy to know there are some cabins that dont require 200%, it was worth those who were upset with me.

It's too bad the rcl guy saw it and said oh it's a solo cabin, no such on that ship, I'll have IT remove from our site, just made it worse.... but for future booking... it's great info. Thanks again to those who helped me learn. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Awesome. That's my cabin # even. It does exist, ha.

Yes. I recall you having to provide visual proof of there being two twins on the floor in certain 1A cabins on decks 6,7, and 8 on Conquest class ships. 😉

Good to see you back cruising and posting on cc.

4 hours ago, Marobarb said:

Yes. I recall you having to provide visual proof of there being two twins on the floor in certain 1A cabins on decks 6,7, and 8 on Conquest class ships. 😉

Good to see you back cruising and posting on cc.

Lol .... I do know carnival better, but I've done royal up to suite level, then took a break from cruising. Feel like a novice.. but I'm learning. I will learn. 

That was my joke, "they do exist", like the M & Ms when they saw Santa. 2w solo cabins, they do exist.

1a on carnival used to be 150% for solos, no more. Jewel may be my new favorite ship out of Galveston. .. though I bet you really have to jump on these cabins to book one, since so few. My new rcl booking agent did finally call me back today. She is in Oregon is why her day starts so late. I think after our talk today I'll like her. She said she can see which cruises have unbooked 2w cabins, which will be awesome. 

Now if this virus will just go away. I hear the president of mexico is holding huge festivals and not taking precautions... worries me a bit for my future cruises. We need that vaccine 

Thanks again.