Canadians with booking with MSC USA

CruisingMom77

We booked our April 2020 cruise way back before the Canadian site/office opened. Our booking is with MSC USA. Now our cruise is cancelled due to COVID 19. Anyone else in the same situation? We are wondering if we should request the full refund option or the 125% FCC. If we decide for the cruise credit how are we going to be able to use it? If it's issued by MSC USA, I do not think we can use it on the Canadian site, but since we are Canadians we will not be able to book through the USA. Or will we? Anyone in the same situation? Thank you. 

same issue with me.  Booked on US site but then booked anther cruise on CDN site once it opened for business.  I can no longer book on the US site as the principle person must reside within the US.  Not sure how the credit will work.  It will be nice to get input from the first person who gets and uses the credit who is in the same situation

MSC has been good to us so far and no doubt this will continue and I have no concerns they will make it work.  

If you live in Canada you can't book with MSC USA any longer.  We even tried booking with MSC USA on the phone and as soon as you get to a certain point where they ask for addresses and credit cards then it's a no go.  I am not sure how a TA works.....maybe some of them have USA addresses and accounts??

The other little thing to remember is that the CAD and USD exchange rate is always an issue.  We were looking at the USA site prices in USD and then the Canadian site in CAD and there was sometimes large differences even when looking at the exchange rate at the banks and credit card companies.  Sometimes the rates were over 50% exchange when the credit card was only 34%.

I received an automatic e-mail today from MSC Canada that my cruise is cancelled. I called the Canada office and explained them how I booked through the USA site etc, and asked how the credit will work. I do not think the agent was very knowledgeable. I do not really blame her, as it is a new and fluid situation. She said that if I cancel, and I can cancel it through the Canadian site, I could get the 125% FCC, and the e-mail confirmation will have instructions on how to redeem the credit. She thinks the Canadian office should be able to help me when it comes to picking a new date for my cruise. Oh, and she said the Canadian office does not offer the full refund, which is offered by the USA office. There is no consistency. I am thinking of going for the full refund through the US site and that way one day I will get my money back. Now that the borders are closed I am wondering when Air Canada will suspend flights to the US and offer the full refund instead of the travel credit that we would need to use till December 2020.