Fashion Bug Dress Quality??

ElvisandTracey

I hope you get it! I enjoyed it the short time I was there! Imagine...they pay people to play with clothes ;)

~e

See, I always HATED that. When I was in college and worked at a retail store, I HATED folding a table of sweaters, having it look perfect . . . then two customers later, I needed to do it again. Eventually I ended up in the shoe department, which I liked better. Not so much to "tidy up".

Interesting to see another person's completely different take on the subject.

See, I always HATED that. When I was in college and worked at a retail store, I HATED folding a table of sweaters, having it look perfect . . . then two customers later, I needed to do it again. Eventually I ended up in the shoe department, which I liked better. Not so much to "tidy up".

I did more of the displays, dressing the *dolls*, ensuring that new merchandise was displayed according to the policy and well placed within the traffic patterns...etc.

I was also able to go to other stores in the area and learn different techniques, and helped open some new stores.

At Victoria's Secret where I worked for a short time as the assistant-assistant-assistant evening manager and helped with the displays. Part of what I had to do was ensure that everything was folded and hung properly.

During the holidays I swore if I had to fold another pair of panties because some bozo wanted to show his drunk buddy what a silk thong looked like...I was going to throttle someone! :p

But it was fun...was able to use my experience in art with the displays in showing colors together, match jewelry to outfits and the composition of it all...blah blah blah.

Doubt I could do it now, but I learned a lot and it was a great job when I was younger.

~e

Bought a couple of pairs of evening pants from FB. Wore one a few weeks ago on Jewel of the SEas (cropped with chiffon overlay). Have not washed it yet so don't know how they held up. My big draw besides prices was that they were washable as our dry cleaners in this area are beyond horrible. I have also found washable eveningwear at Steinmart and Belk so I will keep comparing.

That part of my job is ok, frustrating sometimes but mostly it's ok because I'm a fairly bossy salesperson and don't really let people mess up my displays too much.

What I mainly do is the floorsets, mannequin dressing, and personal shopping. I spend a lot of time with my "clients" helping them find the best color, fabric, line and balance to make them look their best. I'm sort of like Stacey on What Not to Wear. I'm not so crazy about the actual operations part of management, but you take the good with the bad!

Oh, as far as quality (keeping it OT!) it's always a good idea to check stitching, fabric (wad up the fabric on an expensive piece, see how it reacts, if it holds it's shape or bounces back) details etc. Like I said before, you will have pieces of varying quality in all stores. I bought my DD a BCBG dress and a Betsey Johnson (thank you Bluefly.com!) and you could definately tell the difference in quality vs. mass market brands.

Archived